Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help fine tuning my system

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 336 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Need help fine tuning my system

I bought an 03 Z06 that has a custom system in it that has won some national events. I'm just trying to tune it to my liking, and would appreciate any tips. It has an Eclipse AVN7000, Morel speakers, front and back, 3 JL amps, and JL 10" sub. It has a time alignment processor as well. It's really way more than I know about. On the HU, should I select Dolby Pro Logic? Should I tune rear speakers out completely? What frequency should I set sub at? I can't figure out the EQ either. I'm hoping someone has the HU, and can help me. Thanks in advance...
Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Good Lord! From what I have read online, I need an expert to do this as you would an expert to dyno tune you car. From sound imaging to centerstaging, to pink noise! All over my head...
Old 09-29-2011, 03:16 PM
fej
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact the owner? I would think if it was National level he likely had an "enjoyment" tune, and a competition tune programmed in, and likely an RTA flat tune as well.

My guess if it was actually National competition level, it doesn't have the bass and treble as you would typically enjoy, and that's because they are not overly inflated, and far more accurate in reproduction.

If you are located in the Bay Area, CA I could probably help you out.

Let me know
Fej
Old 09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fej
Contact the owner? I would think if it was National level he likely had an "enjoyment" tune, and a competition tune programmed in, and likely an RTA flat tune as well.

My guess if it was actually National competition level, it doesn't have the bass and treble as you would typically enjoy, and that's because they are not overly inflated, and far more accurate in reproduction.

If you are located in the Bay Area, CA I could probably help you out.

Let me know
Fej
Thanks for the response! I did talk to the gentleman I bought the car from, and he was in car audio for 30 years. He had someone else do the tuning though with pink noise test, and so forth. I know when I picked the car up in Tennessee, he told me the system was all centerstaged. I think I deleted his audio settings though by "initializing". I have it sounding good, but I'm certain it could be perfect! I was able to get some bass from the sub, as he had it at -7, I bumped it to +2. I just want to get the most out of it, as it is very capable. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help fine tuning my system

Quick Reply: Need help fine tuning my system