Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any Corvette audio shops coming to the 2011 Carlisle show next month?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Any Corvette audio shops coming to the 2011 Carlisle show next month?

I'm looking to get the Pioneer Z130BT or App Radio installed in my 2007 C6 and would prefer a Corvette speciality shop handle the work. I have no doubt I could do it myself, but dont have the tools or patience. I've checked with a few local shops and they've either quoted their own solutions or a ridiculously high price.

If I cant get this stuff installed at Carlisle, I'll probably go with Best Buy's Installation shop as they have quoted me the best price ($145 for everything), lifetime warranty on installation and labour, and their technicians are certified. I'm guessing with the popularity of Corvettes & In Dash Navigation systems.. they've already done this a couple of times too. Still would rather have a Corvette speciality shop, but I'll check back here for any answers first.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

I wouldnt let anyone from best buy anywhere near my Corvette.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 PM
crazyeddie
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by NYC6
I wouldnt let anyone from best buy anywhere near my Corvette.
I recently had a Z130 installed in my 2009. I opted for a car installation specialty shop with a technician who owns a C5 and has lots of experience with Corvettes. The installation looks perfect and the rear camera works great. I used an Alpine license plate rear camera and it does the job. I do have some concerns about the day/night map dimming and the Corvette warning chimes that I need addressed, but overall I am satisfied. Not didn't consider Best Buys, but they may be fine, it's a bit of a risk no matter who does it--eddie
Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

I've heard horror stories about some incompetent, pimpley faced teen 'installers' they have at BB, some of them I've read on this site. They're not touching any of my cars, but its not my car. If you trust them than I say
Old 08-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Readygo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Corvette audio shops coming to the Carlisle show thinking of adding GPS.

Get notified of new replies

To Any Corvette audio shops coming to the 2011 Carlisle show next month?

Quick Reply: Any Corvette audio shops coming to the 2011 Carlisle show next month?