Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Remote amp turn off/on

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Tag_sk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote amp turn off/on

I have a 05 with the US9 radio. I changed out the door speakers and and added an sub. I run two amps and they are on all the time even with the radio off. A local installer tried couple of different ways to have them turn off when the radio is off, but nothing worked. I now have a toggle switch to turn them off. The bose system uses a digital signal to turn on the stock amps. How are others doing with the stock HU and aftermarket amps.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:38 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

There is an amp turn on lead coming out of the factory harness that turns on the Bose amp. I think it's blue but not 100% sure. I have the same set up you have and I actually tapped into the wiper fuse in the passenger foot well to turn mine on. The amps turn on and off with the ignition not the HU but it will turn off with the HU if you tap into the harness to the blue wire.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:10 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

It's actually the white wire at pin B3 of the big radio harness that turns on the oem amp. Only problem is that it turns on the amp as soon as you open a door (chimes are played through the amp, so it has to be on alot). To fix that you can rig up a relay and a few diodes to get RAP functioning properly on your aftermarket amp. The diodes will only let the coil be turned on by switched power (when you turn on the car) from the fuse tap at the wiper fuse, but it won't turn off until B3 goes out with RAP.

Or... you can just use the wiper fuse as your trigger and the new amp will turn on/off with the car.

C6 radio schematics are HERE if you need them.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
C8gman
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts

Default 2012 C6 RAP question

Originally Posted by markcz
It's actually the white wire at pin B3 of the big radio harness that turns on the oem amp. Only problem is that it turns on the amp as soon as you open a door (chimes are played through the amp, so it has to be on alot). To fix that you can rig up a relay and a few diodes to get RAP functioning properly on your aftermarket amp. The diodes will only let the coil be turned on by switched power (when you turn on the car) from the fuse tap at the wiper fuse, but it won't turn off until B3 goes out with RAP.

Or... you can just use the wiper fuse as your trigger and the new amp will turn on/off with the car.

C6 radio schematics are HERE if you need them.

Do you know how long RAP stays on? In trying this, I noticed that it stayed on after opening the doors and the radio turned off. I tested my relay configuration b4 putting it in and the diodes are wired properly. I then checked just the wire off the PAC inline harness(no relay involved) and it was staying powered +12v for a while(so long I gave up). Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I always assumed that it turned off after all the doors were closed (may need chimes while they're open, but no need for chimes once car is empty and all doors are shut).

The radio itself should still be turning off when you open a door, right? That should kill any inputs going to the amp, so it would be pulling minimal power until the door closes.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
C8gman
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts

yeah the radio does turn off when the door opens. i will double-check/test it when i have more time and have the console off again. for now, i will just use the wiper fuse spot for amp turn on since i already had it wired up for the relay.

thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Remote amp turn off/on

Quick Reply: Remote amp turn off/on