Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Audio System in C5 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:39 AM
dothanbusa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audio System in C5 Z06

I am stoked to submit this post for my peeps.

I have been working with Dave with Madvette Motorsports to redo my Memphis audio system for my 2003 supercharged Z06 and it is finally DONE!!!

The install is completely awesome. I wanted it to be clean and match the interior of the car. Look at the pictures and see what you think. Pay attention to the Memphis Bell MCH1300 amp floating on red led lit lexan and red plexi. The subs are 10” M3’s in sealed enclosures. At about 50% gains, the subs will rattle your teeth in your head. The fronts are 6 1/2” M series components and 5 ¼” coax rears. The wiring is 4 gauge Memphis and the RCA’s are Memphis. The battery is a Optima red top and I have a batcap on the factory alternator.

I have to say hats off to Dave with Madvette for a very professional and thorough install. He listened to what I wanted in the install and did it within my budget. The system sounds awesome!!! I couldn’t imagine taking my car anywhere else to have interior work done.

If any of you are looking for C5 boxes for 10” subs, contact Dave. His work is top notch and he stands on his reputation.

The handmade custom bezel houses a Kenwood DDX712 head unit and Innovate wideband controller and boost gauge.

Here is a list of some of the mods:

Engine Modifications:
• Procharger P-1-SC 5.5# boost with twin intercoolers
• Competition Cams blower cam
• Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
• Fidanza twin disc clutch
• Comp Cams dual Springs
• Titanium Retainers and Hardened Pushrods
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
• 25% Underdrive Pulley
• Abs of Steel Backbone Plate
• MSD Plug Wires and NGK Tr55 Plugs • Royal Purple
Fluids and Mobile 1 Oil
• Kooks 1 ¾ Headers
• Kooks Off Road X pipe
• Hurst Shifter
• Innovate LC-1 Wide Band with Digital Gauge
• Custom Tune
• Red Top Optima Battery
• Delrin Race Shifter
• Custom Front Grill

Exterior Modifications:
• CCW 505A 19 inch (19X10 and 19x11)
• Nitto Envo Tires
• Ceramic Brakes
• Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
• Car lowered 1.5”
• PIAA driving lights
• Shorty Antenna
• Flush taillight kit
• Tinted Windows
• Clear turn signals
• Custom airbrush hood liner, trunk liner, and procharger shroud.

Interior Modifications:
• Black Loyds Mats
• Vette Essentials Executive Interior Kit
• Custom Double Din Bezel
• Sound Partition
• Kenwood 712 Processor
• Memphis Audio System M3 10” subs, 6.5 components, and 5.25 coax
• Memphis wiring
• Batcap Capacitor

So many times you hear of bad experiences with vendors and audio shops. Not this time. We found a winner.

Thanks Dave.

Here are a couple of pics of the car and the audio system.

Last edited by dothanbusa; 10-21-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Zmeister
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn!! That install is really over the top. Fantastic detail on everything. And what a beautiful car.
Congratulations and thank for sharing!!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Hi guys, I just heard of this post, and it also hit Car Audio & Electronics magazine today, and I have to fly out of town tomorrow to finish another Vette that is going to SEMA, but, I will keep up on the forums this weekend, and try to answer any questions you have.

Thanks to Barry for posting this thread, and I'm happy to see another satisfied customer.

You can purchase the boxes now in our online store, and they will be on a 2-3 week turnaround, due to my crazy schedule the next few weeks, but orders will be filled in the order they are placed.

CLICK HERE to purchase.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you guys not doing bezels anymore? I don't see them in the tab on your page.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lancejoker
Are you guys not doing bezels anymore? I don't see them in the tab on your page.
I don't do them anymore on a production basis, only on a one off custom basis. I found it too difficult to do the job and meet my exacting standards, without compromising something along the way, so I refer my clients for the Double Din Dash Bezels to Ray Enriques with California Corvette Customs. CLICK HERE for a link to an old CF thread that shows some of his work.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
dothanbusa
Instructor

thanks for the comments!!! The car turned out awesome!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:37 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

To "gimmicky" for my tastes but as long as it sounds good.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
dothanbusa
Instructor

Originally Posted by NYC6
To "gimmicky" for my tastes but as long as it sounds good.
Gimmicky??
Old 10-28-2010, 10:10 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dothanbusa
Gimmicky??
gimmicky definition-c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention <a marketing gimmick>

I think the neon and banner fit the bill. Nothing wrong with it, just not for me.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

gimmicky definition-c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention <a marketing gimmick>

I think the neon and banner fit the bill. Nothing wrong with it, just not for me.
I would say "gimmicky" may not be the right word here... I know Barry shows his car alot at shows, and his intention is to have something different from other Corvettes. Much in the same way that a tuner puts his stamp on a product he makes, or on the body panel of a Corvette, I have done the same thing for Barry in the rear of his Z06. The panel with the MadVette logo is removable to allow full access to the center well, thereby serving a dual function.
Yes, it may be advertising of my work, but it also ties together a color theme of his car. I agree, they fit the bill nicely, but in no way was it thought of as gimmicky... no more than Callaway or Ligenfelter putting their stamp on the engine panels. They do performance work, and proudly show their logo off for all others to see, as I do Audio and Interior work, and proudly show my logo off for others to see. No difference.
Vendors are in business to make money, so they can make more customers happy. If we do 1 install, and get nothing out of it, how do we survive financially to do another install? Without custom work by vendors, everyone's Corvette would look the same, and the Corvette industry as a whole would suffer. The majority of Corvette owners buy a Corvette with the purpose of personalizing it, not with the intention of never driving it. That is why we all are in business, and that is why Corvette owners around the world enjoy their Corvette so much...
Old 10-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks good, pretty clean.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:19 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kale
I think it looks good, pretty clean.
Thanks. I try...
Old 10-29-2010, 02:31 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Madvette Motorsports
I would say "gimmicky" may not be the right word here... I know Barry shows his car alot at shows, and his intention is to have something different from other Corvettes. Much in the same way that a tuner puts his stamp on a product he makes, or on the body panel of a Corvette, I have done the same thing for Barry in the rear of his Z06. The panel with the MadVette logo is removable to allow full access to the center well, thereby serving a dual function.
Yes, it may be advertising of my work, but it also ties together a color theme of his car. I agree, they fit the bill nicely, but in no way was it thought of as gimmicky... no more than Callaway or Ligenfelter putting their stamp on the engine panels. They do performance work, and proudly show their logo off for all others to see, as I do Audio and Interior work, and proudly show my logo off for others to see. No difference.
Vendors are in business to make money, so they can make more customers happy. If we do 1 install, and get nothing out of it, how do we survive financially to do another install? Without custom work by vendors, everyone's Corvette would look the same, and the Corvette industry as a whole would suffer. The majority of Corvette owners buy a Corvette with the purpose of personalizing it, not with the intention of never driving it. That is why we all are in business, and that is why Corvette owners around the world enjoy their Corvette so much...
Based on the dictionary definition thats exactly what it is. If you choose to disagree, I dont care.
Not theres anything wrong with it. Myself, I dont want a large plaque advertising a business who worked on my car. The owner likes it and thats all that matters. Its his car to do anything he wants with it. Just because I wouldnt do that it doesnt matter. But this a public forum, used for exchange of different opinions, both pro and con.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:38 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Based on the dictionary definition thats exactly what it is. If you choose to disagree, I dont care.
Not theres anything wrong with it. Myself, I dont want a large plaque advertising a business who worked on my car. The owner likes it and thats all that matters. Its his car to do anything he wants with it. Just because I wouldnt do that it doesnt matter. But this a public forum, used for exchange of different opinions, both pro and con.
I agree.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM
wascapsfan
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweeeeet!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:55 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wascapsfan
Sweeeeet!!!!
It turned out pretty nice. Barry is VERY happy, and that is what matters.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:09 AM
dothanbusa
Instructor

I love the install and proud to have the MadVette logo.

Get notified of new replies

To New Audio System in C5 Z06

Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 AM
snoopdan
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But this a public forum, used for exchange of different opinions, both pro and con.
This is incorrect, this is not a public fourm. It is a private fourm that you've agreed to be a part of and if a supporting vendor does not like what you post (lets say you suggest product A over product B which a supporting vendor happens to sell) you will have your post deleted.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
dothanbusa
Instructor

I am so glad we have people to quote me the websters. There is always one.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:00 AM
BADMFR
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Man! Haven't been on this forum forever! Looks GOOD! Especially that bezel ;-)

Quick Reply: New Audio System in C5 Z06