Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Peripheral PXDP PXHGM4 iPod/iPhone Adapter for your C5

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Lil Blue Coupe
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Default I love my iPod/iPhone Adapter for the C5!!

Just wanted to post some pics of a quicky mod I did today. For about 6 months I have been dying to get an adapter to hard wire a connection that I could play my music from my iPhone 3GS through the stock stereo (w/o CD changer) and I finally got around to it today.

The product is the Peripheral PXDP PXHGM4 iPod Adapter… I bought mine for $89.99 shipped from Dennis at Double D Mods:
http://shop.doubledmods.com/Peripher...?categoryId=-1

a great product, easy to install and reasonably priced…

Dennis, you were spot on, it only took about a 45 min to an hour from start to finish like you suggested. And well, the sound is better than I expected!!! Needless to say I’m one happy camper… thanks for selling a great product!

Of course everybody has their own ‘vision’ for mounting etc… mine is pretty basic/simple. I use my phone regularly so the vent clip I have has been a great product for about a year now, easy to mount and cheap. I picked up this particular rotating vent clip from flea-bay for about $5-$6, it was about the smallest footprint design I could find that rotated etc… since I didn’t want cables dangling all over so I drilled a small hole directly through the inside vent wall (mostly through the foam) just large enough to feed the small round end of the cable through and down to the PXDP PXHGM4 adapter so the cable is unseen except right at the vent mount. Since the mount is black as well as the cable, it’s not an eyesore…. I don’t think.

It’s super easy to stick the iPhone 3GS in the vent clip and plug the short tail end of the PXDP PXHGM4 cable to the bottom of phone and roll… it rotates to any angle desired and my copilot has easy access to the it if need be. The basic controls on the stock stereo work as expected but I tend to use the touch screen (switches songs faster)…

Now I need to reload my 16 GB phone with some fresh cruizin’ jams and take her for a spin!!

here's a few pics...

-Mark

Last edited by Lil Blue Coupe; 02-27-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Z06_KYLE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok now iam so doing this. thanks for the post

Quick Reply: Peripheral PXDP PXHGM4 iPod/iPhone Adapter for your C5