Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ISimple-IPODtoCar Problem Err code

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:20 AM
LCZ06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default ISimple-IPODtoCar Problem Err code

It's been a frustrating day to say the least. And to top it all off, I have a new problem. I installed an ISimple kit using this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...d-changer.html install method. I have had it installed on the car for a few years now and recommend it. Well today, my battery has once again died and I tried starting the car without luck. So I take the battery to auto store and they charge it up. The car has been sitting for a couple of weeks and prob why the battery drained (has since I bought the car). So I'm getting ready to head out and I plug my ipod into the car, press the aux button as usual, nothing happens. Wait a few seconds, check the ipod that it's working and great it starts playing 15-20 sec's later. All seems well then, err shows up on the radio screen 10secs later, and the radio reverts (forces) back to fm radio automatically. Has anyone experienced this sort of problem? Could I have shorted out the unit in some way? It was working great a few weeks ago?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 AM
delc5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same issue after having the battery die over the winter.

I thought it was a great set-up for two years.

Anyone have a cure for this ?

Later that evening............

Hmmmmm.....upon further searching. It seems that I need to take the console apart and flip the #3 switch off then on.

You gotta love the CF.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by delc5; 02-15-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Roadateddie
Intermediate

Okay, having the same exact problem after my batt died this morning....Was working great up until now....What is with these ipod interfaces and dead batteries causing the dreaded err code?...Tried disconnecting the connectors on the back of the the unit and reconnecting which hasn't done anything...Ipod plays for about 10 seconds before the err code....Anybody?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:57 PM
RIPPENIT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default same here

what i did was turn off car pull key and unplug ipod then held the two buttons that reset the ipod plug back in works fine it happends every time my battery goes down
Old 12-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Roadateddie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RIPPENIT
what i did was turn off car pull key and unplug ipod then held the two buttons that reset the ipod plug back in works fine it happends every time my battery goes down
That got rid of the err code on the cd display?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 AM
RIPPENIT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default err

Originally Posted by Roadateddie
That got rid of the err code on the cd display?
yes i have a alpine head unit
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Roadateddie
Intermediate

Well after having this console and dash apart about 6 times, reading every thread on this site that might help, unplugging the GM 10 in every sequence imaginable, leaving it unplugged overnight, etc. i've determined that it's a POS and will not work again if the battery goes dead in the car, and this thing is only 2 months old, having been used maybe 3 times..

Goodbye $80.00
Old 07-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Zuti
Drifting

Location: Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Well after having this console and dash apart about 6 times, reading every thread on this site that might help, unplugging the GM 10 in every sequence imaginable, leaving it unplugged overnight, etc. i've determined that it's a POS and will not work again if the battery goes dead in the car, and this thing is only 2 months old, having been used maybe 3 times..

Goodbye $80.00
Same exact issue. Any fixes that work for sure. I've got a C5 with the standard cd,not the changer. Same issue! Zuti
Old 07-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Roadateddie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Zuti
Same exact issue. Any fixes that work for sure. I've got a C5 with the standard cd,not the changer. Same issue! Zuti
Got another interface and i keep a battery tender on the car at all times that the car is not being used....All's been good for months now....Apparently these things are junk if your battery goes dead, it just costs $80.00 for the education
Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Got another interface and i keep a battery tender on the car at all times that the car is not being used....All's been good for months now....Apparently these things are junk if your battery goes dead, it just costs $80.00 for the education
How did your battery go dead with the battery tender on it?

You just need to recycle the box like I emailed you the info.

We have sold well over 10k of these units. I have had 3 units that have needed replacement out of all of these. It turned out these 2 units were fine and on 1 the customers radio was the problem.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Zuti
Drifting

Location: Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by Double D Mods

We have sold well over 10k of these units. I have had 3 units that have needed replacement out of all of these. It turned out these 2 units were fine and on 1 the customers radio was the problem.
DD - Would you send me the same e-mail? Is the recycling just resetting the 3 and 8 switches and is there a sequence? I sent you an IM last night. Thanks in advance for your help. Zuti
PS - My car is a 98 with the standard CD, no changer.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:07 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

DD - Would you send me the same e-mail? Is the recycling just resetting the 3 and 8 switches and is there a sequence? I sent you an IM last night. Thanks in advance for your help. Zuti
PS - My car is a 98 with the standard CD, no changer.
Maybe it was you i sent the email too this morning.

You simply turn all dip switches to on
all to off
3 and 8 back to on position.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Roadateddie
Intermediate

It was before i had a tender on it and i tried every suggestion on here after reading every single post and no matter what i couldn't get it to work
Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

It was before i had a tender on it and i tried every suggestion on here after reading every single post and no matter what i couldn't get it to work

Then all you need to do is if purchased from us is to send it back to me and we would replace was the unit plugged into the car still when you recycled it?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Roadateddie
Intermediate

Then all you need to do is if purchased from us is to send it back to me and we would replace was the unit plugged into the car still when you recycled it?
The old one is gone now....All is good
Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Zuti
Drifting

CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Maybe it was you i sent the email too this morning.

You simply turn all dip switches to on
all to off
3 and 8 back to on position.
I did this with the unit completely disconnected, but still no success. Any additional help is appreciated. Zuti
Old 03-18-2014, 05:58 PM
dforristall
Heel & Toe

I did this with the unit completely disconnected, but still no success. Any additional help is appreciated. Zuti
I did the same reset procedure, and even bought a new Isimple box and cable, Same Err code after a minute or so even after resetting the Ipod, or trying my Iphone 4S. I'm looking now to see if there is a way to maybe reset the factory radio? Mine worked great for a couple months. No battery drain, or anything caused it that I know of. It just started doing it last week.

2001 Z06

Last edited by dforristall; 03-18-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-18-2014, 07:31 PM
dforristall
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by dforristall
I did the same reset procedure, and even bought a new Isimple box and cable, Same Err code after a minute or so even after resetting the Ipod, or trying my Iphone 4S. I'm looking now to see if there is a way to maybe reset the factory radio? Mine worked great for a couple months. No battery drain, or anything caused it that I know of. It just started doing it last week.

2001 Z06
Update: I pulled the Radio fuse #5 in the kick panel on the passenger side floor, see link below. Turned ignition on and started the car to let it run for a minute. Then shut the car off, and ignition off. Waited 10 seconds, and put the fuse back in. Then I fired the car back up and everything worked again. I only had to reset the clock, it even kept my station presets. I drove the car for 10 mins just to test, but so far so good!!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1634366/c5-fuse.pdf

Get notified of new replies

To ISimple-IPODtoCar Problem Err code

Quick Reply: ISimple-IPODtoCar Problem Err code