Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Stereo/Interior Overhaul - C5

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:55 PM
jnjmarshall
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo/Interior Overhaul - C5

Hi All,

I am starting to plan out my 2000 Coupe stereo/interior overhaul.

Here is what I am looking at today:
Year: 2000
Model: Coupe

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-6200BT with humount.com surround
Front Speakers: CDT CL-62 (with extra Upstage Tweeters, but not sure where to put them). The 2-way system will go in the doors replacing the stock speakers using the Madvette (or Red Lion Customs) speaker mount plates.
Rear Speakers: CDT Rear-fill 6.5" coax speakers
Sub (s): 10" ??
Box: C5 Corvette Sub-box Stealth Box from madvette or doubledmods.com or subthump.com
Amplifier (s): HiFonics Zeus ZXi60.4+1k 5-channel amp
Sound deadening: Dynamat? Pre-fabbed kit? RAAMaudio product? I want to do interior and doors.
Wires: Re-wiring entire car, haven't selected a kit yet for the Amp

Interior leather replacement: DJ Motorsports Accessories interior leather kit (seat covers, door pulls, grab bar, shift boot, e-brake boot, console, traction piping and steering wheel, adding in 2 HD foam seat sets)

Any comments/concerns about my plan so far? Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by jnjmarshall; 04-02-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,664 Posts

get a 12" sub.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I would say a 10" sub will do just fine. that is what I am installing in my car.As far as rear speakers you really dont need them so that will save you some cash there. I am going to attempt putting my tweets in my a pillars facing each other for the best sound.I am also going with raamat for several reasons, its easier to install and a better product from what i have researched not to mention Rick is always around to help you with any questions and sell you exactly what you need for you car! hope some of this info helped ya out

Rick
Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jdmvette
get a 12" sub.
I agree. A 12" will move more are and give you more bass you can feel with less wattage.

I think you should only use one set of tweeters. two sets of front tweeters at differeent levels will throw off your staging.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Mister Peebody
Drifting

Location: Ok! So you don't believe in conspiracies, but will you acknowledge the possibility of there being coordinated activities in secret places? Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gitusum
I would say a 10" sub will do just fine. that is what I am installing in my car.As far as rear speakers you really dont need them so that will save you some cash there. I am going to attempt putting my tweets in my a pillars facing each other for the best sound.I am also going with raamat for several reasons, its easier to install and a better product from what i have researched not to mention Rick is always around to help you with any questions and sell you exactly what you need for you car! hope some of this info helped ya out

Rick
I agree on the 10" sub. I run a JL 10W6 with 700 real watts and it is plenty, that's coming from a bass head. As for the rear speakers, it is a never ending debate. I run rear speakers (volume turned down low) in my 'vert and they make a difference. Ask 10 people if you need them you'll get 5 answers, so if you want them get them. You certainly won't regret it. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Stereo/Interior Overhaul - C5

Quick Reply: Stereo/Interior Overhaul - C5