Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Audio/Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
Audio/Electronics
Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette Sponsored by
Optima Batteries

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
bowtiebubba
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: monroe city mo
Default Install help

Heres my story. I had a JVC with nav,unit installed in my C5. I also have aftermarket front & rear speakers, a sub, & a 4ch. amp. I am now going with a double din AVIC-X910 BT unit but have no idea how to wire it. This maybe a stupid question,but, How do you know what wire from the new unit bundle goes to what wire in the wire harness plug? Im totally lost!
Thanks
bowtiebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
ToddG
CF Senior Member
 
ToddG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2010
Location: Caldwell Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiebubba View Post
Heres my story. I had a JVC with nav,unit installed in my C5. I also have aftermarket front & rear speakers, a sub, & a 4ch. amp. I am now going with a double din AVIC-X910 BT unit but have no idea how to wire it. This maybe a stupid question,but, How do you know what wire from the new unit bundle goes to what wire in the wire harness plug? Im totally lost!
Thanks
You should buy the plug adapter that goes from your new radio and plugs right into your factory harness. Should not be more the 20 bucks. Try
http://www.crutchfield.com/

They should have what you are looking for. It really is the only way to go. Very painless.
c-ya
ToddG
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
pentavolvo
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IX Veteran
 
pentavolvo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: Lafayette IN
Default

should be able to just match colors
pentavolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
bowtiebubba
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: monroe city mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
You should buy the plug adapter that goes from your new radio and plugs right into your factory harness. Should not be more the 20 bucks. Try
http://www.crutchfield.com/

They should have what you are looking for. It really is the only way to go. Very painless.
c-ya
ToddG
Checked crutchfield,nothing for a 2002 corvette.
bowtiebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
pentavolvo
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IX Veteran
 
pentavolvo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: Lafayette IN
Default

as i said u already have an aftermarket radio in, pull it out match the wires on the harness and plug the rcas in
pentavolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
moneypit2
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: wilkes barre pa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentavolvo View Post
as i said u already have an aftermarket radio in, pull it out match the wires on the harness and plug the rcas in
x2
if you need any help pm me
moneypit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
ToddG
CF Senior Member
 
ToddG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2010
Location: Caldwell Idaho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiebubba View Post
Checked crutchfield,nothing for a 2002 corvette.
They did not show anything for my '81. I called them and they hooked me right up. Might be worth a try.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
markcz
Tech Contributor

 
markcz's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: North Augusta, SC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
They did not show anything for my '81. I called them and they hooked me right up. Might be worth a try.
If you get someone on the phone who knows what they're talknig about, they'll tell you THIS
markcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
bowtiebubba
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: monroe city mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentavolvo View Post
as i said u already have an aftermarket radio in, pull it out match the wires on the harness and plug the rcas in
So the wires from the JVC are wired into the female plug that connects to the male car harness plug. So i need to wire the same color wires from the pioneer to the same color wires on the female plug that the JVC was wired to? Hope this makes sense.
bowtiebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
markcz
Tech Contributor

 
markcz's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: North Augusta, SC
Default

Yes, remove JVC, match the same colors from the Pioneer to where the JVC wires were.
markcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Audio/Electronics
Reload this Page Install help
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2