Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 03-25-2015, 02:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

C6 Coupe REAR Speaker Swap "How To" w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 PM
LinxuSx
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you for the write up!

I could hear some rattling from the rear speaker area so I wanted to investigate. This guide helped me remove the panel. I found the culprit and tightened it back up!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by LinxuSx
Thank you for the write up!

I could hear some rattling from the rear speaker area so I wanted to investigate. This guide helped me remove the panel. I found the culprit and tightened it back up!
I had the same issue. Ended up using clear RTV inside the grills. Problem solved.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Evander Holyfield
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 53 Posts

Good write up. I tackled this project today. Only thing I'll add- this little bastard clip resulted in some banged up fingers and swearing. When I pulled off the panels (on both driver and passenger sides), this didn't stay attached to the panel and was still fastened in. It was a MF getting it out, and I ended up using a crowbar to pry it out. Outside of this, the process was pretty straight-forward. I didn't have any issue removing the little black push pins.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:16 AM
covedu09
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi
that was great thanx man.
________________________________________ ________________________________________ _____________
To Make the unreal real you have to Try it source : SnapTube TubeMate Test Dpc
Old 12-12-2018, 07:01 AM
NVRTRKD
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I installed a Sharkbar last night to mount my Oil Accumulator and 6 point harness. The instructions they sent were very unclear and this write up helped me get the job done. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:31 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,338 Likes on 1,619 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Supervettes LLC
With the Bose system, that is correct. The rears have individual wires that run forward to the Bose amp, and are bridged in parallel just before the plug that goes into the amplifier.

On the Non-Bose system, the rear speakers are wired in stereo. Either way, they are just rear fill more than anything. In alot of the aftermarket installs we have done, Dave has either eliminated the rear speakers altogether, or just run them off very low power, either from the aftermarket radio or from a low powered aftermarket amp, just to provide rear fill for those who want it.

A good 2 or 3 way component system, along with our C6 sub enclosure that Dave designed when he was running MadVette Motorsports, is a great setup that all of our customers love much more than the OEM stereo.
I hate to dig up this old thread but can anyone verify that they bridge at the connector on the amp? If so any way to indicate which side is which since they run the same colors without having to pull the rear speakers and test for continuity (i know i probably just answered my own question there but im dreading pulling the rear panels around the harness bar I just put in lol)?
Old 06-26-2022, 11:18 PM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by StayInStock
I hate to dig up this old thread but can anyone verify that they bridge at the connector on the amp? If so any way to indicate which side is which since they run the same colors without having to pull the rear speakers and test for continuity (i know i probably just answered my own question there but im dreading pulling the rear panels around the harness bar I just put in lol)?
just use a 9v battery to send a signal to the speaker. it will just make a pop sound.

Quick Reply: C6 Coupe REAR Speaker Swap "How To" w/pics