Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pioneer Avic F90BT

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Avic F90BT

Anyone have one installed in their C6? If you do can you please post a pic so I can see since I am thinking of getting this unit tomorrow. I have always had Pioneer head units in my cars and I have been putting this off now for some time now, but I have had enough of the factory crap and not being able to hook up my iPod... I have a FM Transmitter but it is just ok. Also how do you like the Bluetooth and does it work good? I have been told it works much better then in previous models.

Also if you added XM where did you mount your antenna?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
almondted
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Some don't like-em, some do but so far I really like mine even though I had to do the updates myself. The new one's should have all current updates already installed. Also there is rumored to be another software update coming out next month. You can find the F90BT on sell for around $600.00 on the net.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by almondted
Some don't like-em, some do but so far I really like mine even though I had to do the updates myself. The new one's should have all current updates already installed. Also there is rumored to be another software update coming out next month. You can find the F90BT on sell for around $600.00 on the net.
Well I went ahead and got it today should be here in a few days. I got it for $600 Shipped that was the best deal I could find. I picked up the harness and dash kit today from a friend local. So now just waiting...

I also think I am going to go ahead and install the XM Unit as well.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
nearwater
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackC6Girly
Well I went ahead and got it today should be here in a few days. I got it for $600 Shipped that was the best deal I could find. I picked up the harness and dash kit today from a friend local. So now just waiting...

I also think I am going to go ahead and install the XM Unit as well.
Congrats, let us know how you like the unit.
I'm still not decided between this unit & the Kenwood DNX series.

Dan
Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 PM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nearwater
Congrats, let us know how you like the unit.
I'm still not decided between this unit & the Kenwood DNX series.

Dan
Hopefully I will have it installed in the car by the end of the week. I don't care for Kenwood and never really liked their units so I can't really comment on it...
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Migo1980
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kenwood is a better unit. Many bugs and glitches with this unit. Im thinking of switching mine out for something else.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:06 PM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Migo1980
Kenwood is a better unit. Many bugs and glitches with this unit. Im thinking of switching mine out for something else.
I never liked Kenwood...

I have already used this unit in my friends car and he is also a Pioneer Dealer and has not had any problems with this unit with his customers. So I am just assuming your going by the few problems very few people have had, just like with any unit out there.

The people who are not happy with a certain product love to post about it. But yet the ones that love a certain product and have no problems you never hear about it...
Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
rickster_a1
Intermediate

Waiting for this unit and about 10 other things. Install date for me is probably a month away. If you get yours installed post up some pictures!!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:56 AM
gibear2k5
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The people who are not happy with a certain product love to post about it. But yet the ones that love a certain product and have no problems you never hear about it...
I completely agree with you, very few blog their happiness with any product.

I recently installed the F90BT a few weeks ago and will post some pictures of the installed unit tonight. I ran the iPod cable into the glove box and routed the cable through wire loom. Behind the radio, in the dash I installed the HD Radio and XM Radio accessory units; it was a little cramped but it fit. I also pulled the instrument cluster to gain access and tap the VSS wire.

The majority of folks complaints I just haven’t experienced or the perceived faults are way over exaggerated. For instance, folks complain about a 1 to 2 minute start/boot-up, this is just baloney. My HD, XM, and iPod start playing within 8-10 seconds. The backup camera activates almost immediately and the GPS/Nav is ready to go with 20-25 seconds with Bluetooth phone (Verizon LG Dare) connection shortly after.

My only real big complaint is the ridiculous static hiss experienced with this unit, and how the hiss gets louder when any button or function is depressed. I’m told it’s a software issue but somehow I just don’t believe it, if that’s the case Pioneer would have made this a priority (it really is bad) and fixed it with the first and NLT the second firmware update.
Later,
Scott

Last edited by gibear2k5; 05-15-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:28 AM
GrandSportGirly
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gibear2k5
I completely agree with you, very few blog their happiness with any product.

I recently installed the F90BT a few weeks ago and will post some pictures of the installed unit tonight. I ran the iPod cable into the glove box and routed the cable through wire loom. Behind the radio, in the dash I installed the HD Radio and XM Radio accessory units; it was a little cramped but it fit. I also pulled the instrument cluster to gain access and tap the VSS wire.

The majority of folks complaints I just haven’t experienced or the perceived faults are way over exaggerated. For instance, folks complain about a 1 to 2 minute start/boot-up, this is just baloney. My HD, XM, and iPod start playing within 8-10 seconds. The backup camera activates almost immediately and the GPS/Nav is ready to go with 20-25 seconds with Bluetooth phone (Verizon LG Dare) connection shortly after.

My only real big complaint is the ridiculous static hiss experienced with this unit, and how the hiss gets louder when any button or function is depressed. I’m told it’s a software issue but somehow I just don’t believe it, if that’s the case Pioneer would have made this a priority (it really is bad) and fixed it with the first and NLT the second firmware update.
Later,
Scott
I just installed mine yesterday and it is awesome and works perfect! Loading time is maybe 15 secs if that and everything is connected by then as well. My iPhone works perfect with the Bluetooth as well. I ran my iPod cable through to my center console just had to make a very small hole next to the accessory power outlet.

But I thought I was crazy and that they installed a ground wrong or something is wrong but I get that static hiss when a button or function is depressed. Also do you get that low hiss noise when no music is played or paused? Or say the music volume is at 1?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:55 AM
almondted
Pro

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

I just installed mine yesterday and it is awesome and works perfect! Loading time is maybe 15 secs if that and everything is connected by then as well. My iPhone works perfect with the Bluetooth as well. I ran my iPod cable through to my center console just had to make a very small hole next to the accessory power outlet.

But I thought I was crazy and that they installed a ground wrong or something is wrong but I get that static hiss when a button or function is depressed. Also do you get that low hiss noise when no music is played or paused? Or say the music volume is at 1?
No hiss at all in mine so something is off, maybe needs a better ground. My installer is a car stereo nut and has done dozens of Pioneers so he did a first class job the first time.
Go here for answers- http://www.avic411.com/forum/

Last edited by almondted; 05-16-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:40 PM
gibear2k5
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

[quote=BlackC6Girly;1570101334Also do you get that low hiss noise when no music is played or paused? Or say the music volume is at 1?[/quote]

Yes, I do! However its not nearly as loud as when I select/change a function or source. Don't waste your time with the ground, it has nothing to do with the hiss. I've talked to three different techs at Pioneer in the last three days and they all concur to the software problem and believe it will be remedied at the next firmware update around June.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer Avic F90BT

Quick Reply: Pioneer Avic F90BT