Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 Radio Schematics - Click Here!

Old 05-18-2013, 01:08 AM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mark

Excellent. What would you think of this series being put into a single PDF?
Old 05-18-2013, 08:56 AM
bass mechanic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

does anyone have a schematic for the 2012 and newer?
I've taken the door panel off the new subs in the doors do not have amplifiers attached to them. also there are now tweeters on the dash. if i do upgrade my system i would be curious about the wiring for my car before i get started.
thanks!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by bass mechanic
does anyone have a schematic for the 2012 and newer?
Most of the prints I posted are from the '07 manual. I now have the '12 manual, so I'll scan and add the ones that have changed soon.

Originally Posted by bass mechanic
I've taken the door panel off the new subs in the doors do not have amplifiers attached to them
When I pulled the stock speakers out of my '12 I commented about how the door subs looked a lot more like 'real' subs than in previous years, somehow I missed the fact that they were missing the amps

The Bose print now looks a lot like the older non-Bose, subs are powered from same amp as the rest, tweets and door twiddlers are in parallel on each side, and rears are in parallel with each other.

Originally Posted by J Christensen
Mark

Excellent. What would you think of this series being put into a single PDF?
Wait until I get all of the updated prints added and go for it
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM
bass mechanic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
Most of the prints I posted are from the '07 manual. I now have the '12 manual, so I'll scan and add the ones that have changed soon.

When I pulled the stock speakers out of my '12 I commented about how the door subs looked a lot more like 'real' subs than in previous years, somehow I missed the fact that they were missing the amps

The Bose print now looks a lot like the older non-Bose, subs are powered from same amp as the rest, tweets and door twiddlers are in parallel on each side, and rears are in parallel with each other.

Wait until I get all of the updated prints added and go for it
this helps a lot, i was thinking of just using the factory speakers in my next build, can you tell from the schematic, i assume the tweets just have a capacitor installed to roll off at 6db per oct?
can you tell where they tie in together? like does the manuel say where the connector is?
the only think i plan to do to the system really is amplify everything with aftermarket so i can run a digital signal processor to time align everything (alpine pxa-h800) and a 6 channel amp for the front speakers. 2 channel for the rear and mono for the sub.
can you tell of all the speakers besides the door subs are 4 ohm?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:17 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

You'll have to be very careful if using an aftermarket amp to power oem speakers, the actual numbers aren't known but they aren't rated for all that much power.

The door sub speakers are 1 ohm, all twiddlers are 4 ohm, I don't know what the tweets are.

Print doesn't show any caps, they're just in parallel.

I have no idea where J224-7 are. Check the X2 plug at the amp, there may just be two wires coming out of the pin locations there.

2012 Bose Speakers:

Old 11-30-2013, 05:19 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I've asked this in multiple threads in hopes of getting an answer.

I'm installing a 2013 steering wheel w/ BT and radio controls. The blue, yellow and black wires are connected to both steering wheel controls. The purple wire controls the radio functions. The green wire on the BT control goes where, does what. I'm going to hybrid the 2 harnesses together and was wondering if I could wire the BT control to activate my home made M2W. I'm thinking run the green and black wires from the switch to my fuse without having to fear a fire because the wire can't handle the amp. Right now I have a toggle switch mounted nicely in my ash tray.

I am assuming that the switch could be used a s a toggle on/off using the black and green wires.

Last edited by ls1121; 11-30-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:31 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Yellow and black are normally only for illumination of the buttons.

Purple gets +12vDC, Green connects left side BT buttons to right side Radio buttons, Blue is lone signal wire going back to radio.

Radio determines which button was pushed based on the resistance, then does the appropriate function. Connecting the BT buttons to a switch or relay isn't really an option using the stock clockspring wires if you want to make illumination functional.

If you splice wires in wheel to use yellow wire as supply to a relay coil you could probably rig up something so the BT buttons would control it, but illumination wouldn't work and you'd have to splice the wires at the base of the steering wheel also. Also, both BT buttons would basically be one button (either would do the same thing).

I put in a dead pedal switch from NakidParts to control my exhaust, sometimes simpler is better

Old 11-30-2013, 07:57 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

OK so if I have this right.
leaving the black and yellow spliced to the radio control side will give me illumination to the BT button when the lights come on.

disconnect the blue wire from the BT button
disconnect the green wire from the radio control button.
the BT switch cannot be used as an on/off button for my m2w

I had the foot style high beam switch for my m2w but did not care for it. I installed a toggle in the ash tray and I like it better.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2013, 09:56 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by ls1121
disconnect the blue wire from the BT button
disconnect the green wire from the radio control button.
What are you trying to do?

If your goal is just to replace the steering wheel you can leave everything as-is and just plug in the new wheel
Old 11-30-2013, 10:12 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

What are you trying to do?

If your goal is just to replace the steering wheel you can leave everything as-is and just plug in the new wheel
I wish it were that easy. I got the new wheel for a steal. The hweel is for a 6 speed manual and I have an A6 w/paddle shift so I am doing some rewiring. I want to have the lights work in the BT switch at bare minimum.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:31 PM
GaryPitts
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Just used these to put in new door and rear speakers in my vert. Test drive tomorrow! On the rears, yellow is negative and black(ish) is positive? Is this some kind of new engineering?
Old 06-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Nitrojunkie001
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with pin pointing a wire i need to use.

Radio Schematics & Plug Pin-Outs available here.

Since Photobucket is free, after clicking on the links I would strongly recommend you right click and 'save as' on each pic that you might want to have available in the future.

SCHEMATICS:

1 of 10 radio/power (US8 & U66)

2 of 10 speakers (U66)

3 of 10 radio/power (U65)

4 of 10 speakers (U65)

5 of 10 antenna

6 of 10 XM receiver

7 of 10 steering wheel controls (without Blue Tooth)

11 of 10 steering wheel controls (with Blue Tooth)

8 of 10 Nav

9 of 10 OnStar

10 of 10 OnStar Audio

PLUG PIN-OUTS:

1 OF 15 Amp

2 OF 15 Amp

3 OF 15 Amp

4 OF 15 Amp & XM

5 OF 15 Mic & Radio C1

6 OF 15 Radio C1, C2, C3

7 OF 15 Radio C3, C5 & Antenna

8 OF 15 Antenna & Speakers

9 OF 15 Speakers

10 OF 15 Speakers

11 OF 15 Speakers

12 OF 15 Speakers

13 OF 15 Speakers & VCIM C1 (OnStar)

14 OF 15 VCIM C1, C2, C3

15 OF 15 VCIM C4

I am installing a Alpine ine-s920hd and alpine has this kick on using the brake or i should say foot pedal signal. Which wire is that on your schematics. it has to be somewhere cause you not suppose to have certain things working while driving?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:54 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Nitrojunkie001
I am installing a Alpine ine-s920hd and alpine has this kick on using the brake or i should say foot pedal signal. Which wire is that on your schematics. it has to be somewhere cause you not suppose to have certain things working while driving?
I always do the bypass, but I don't know off hand how to do that on an Alpine (I'm sure YouTube can help with that). If you want to do it the 'proper' way use the light blue wire coming from the parking brake handle. A pic is available in post #2 HERE
Old 08-16-2016, 01:03 PM
FeArZ
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Say I wanted to take an aftermarket head unit and wire it directly to the speakers. Could I tap in at the bose amp C2 plug?

So on the C2 plug I could use pins A7-A8 for my rear speakers. Then A9-A12 for my door speakers.
Now If I do that would the head unit still send what is needed for the amp to power the door subs?

Basically I think the new headunit power would be enough to drive my new speakers and give better sound, but would the factory door subs still work the same?
Old 08-17-2016, 01:27 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by FeArZ
Say I wanted to take an aftermarket head unit and wire it directly to the speakers. Could I tap in at the bose amp C2 plug?
Sure, but why? The speakers are the weak link.

So on the C2 plug I could use pins A7-A8 for my rear speakers. Then A9-A12 for my door speakers.
Now If I do that would the head unit still send what is needed for the amp to power the door subs?
No. The radio needs to send out the line-level signal to the amp input.

Basically I think the new headunit power would be enough to drive my new speakers and give better sound, but would the factory door subs still work the same?
Anything can be made to work with enough effort, but the new HU needs more from the car than just speakers. An interface adapter also supplies the trigger voltage to turn on the radio. And the radio supplies the trigger voltage to the amp so it knows when to turn on.

What you're asking is possible, but very much not recommended.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:20 PM
GatorVetteC6
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Radio Schematics & Plug Pin-Outs available here.

Since Photobucket is free, after clicking on the links I would strongly recommend you right click and 'save as' on each pic that you might want to have available in the future.

SCHEMATICS:

1 of 10 radio/power (US8 & U66)

2 of 10 speakers (U66)

3 of 10 radio/power (U65)

4 of 10 speakers (U65)

5 of 10 antenna

6 of 10 XM receiver

7 of 10 steering wheel controls (without Blue Tooth)

11 of 10 steering wheel controls (with Blue Tooth)

8 of 10 Nav

9 of 10 OnStar

10 of 10 OnStar Audio

PLUG PIN-OUTS:

1 OF 15 Amp

2 OF 15 Amp

3 OF 15 Amp

4 OF 15 Amp & XM

5 OF 15 Mic & Radio C1

6 OF 15 Radio C1, C2, C3

7 OF 15 Radio C3, C5 & Antenna

8 OF 15 Antenna & Speakers

9 OF 15 Speakers

10 OF 15 Speakers

11 OF 15 Speakers

12 OF 15 Speakers

13 OF 15 Speakers & VCIM C1 (OnStar)

14 OF 15 VCIM C1, C2, C3

15 OF 15 VCIM C4

I installed photobucket, but the links do not seem to work. After clicking the links are open in internet browser with an error. Are these old links? I am looking for radio (speakers, and power) for 2012 GC with the U65 radio.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2019, 12:50 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by GatorVetteC6
I installed photobucket, but the links do not seem to work. After clicking the links are open in internet browser with an error. Are these old links? I am looking for radio (speakers, and power) for 2012 GC with the U65 radio.

Thanks!
Photobucket has been trying to shake me down for $$ in order to keep my account active. Looks like they finally got tired of the bandwidth that all my old posts are using

I should still have all of the C6 prints on a hard drive somewhere. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you. Just be patient, it might take me a few days to find them.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:39 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Default New link to pics

I created an account at google images, CLICK HERE to go to the folder.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Last edited by markcz; 10-25-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:07 AM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Photobucket has been trying to shake me down for $$ in order to keep my account active. Looks like they finally got tired of the bandwidth that all my old posts are using

I should still have all of the C6 prints on a hard drive somewhere. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you. Just be patient, it might take me a few days to find them.
Yep, everyone needs to boycott Photobucket.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Radio Schematics - Click Here!