Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lets see pictures of your aftermarket sirius

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
bigdougt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets see pictures of your aftermarket sirius

installed in your C-5. I have a unit now but I'm not pleased with it. Need some good ideas and I know there are some clever C-5 owners out there, after all...you bought a C-5...that can give me some good ideas. Need to know what type of sirius radio it is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 AM
jswfl09
Drifting

I'm in the same boat. Just ordered a ton of new equipment & some sound deadener to upgrade the audio and am selling off the Bose system. I have a Sportster 5 from my old Jeep Grand Cherokee that was totaled and I want to use it.

I want to install it somewhere that will look good when I take the vette apart this next week.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:48 PM
knyght4
Drifting

My father has a unit for the past couple years. He's not a smoker, so he installed it in place of the ash tray. It took some time to cut and shave away at the area to the point where he was happy with the fit. After that, it took some crazy glue, steady hands, and nail polish remover to get it in place. Also he can still close the lid to make it hidden.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
bigdougt
Intermediate

Default Sirius

That's what I'm looking for. I want a sirius that I can hide in the ashtray area. What type is it. Do you have any pics? I called an installer today to see if he can do the same thing and I also want to add an aux input for my Zune but want everything to look stock.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
knyght4
Drifting

I don't remember the model. It doesn't look like sirius makes that type anymore. I can ask my father about getting pics, if he'll remember to. I can probably do it by Sunday when I see him. Check out the link below. They give you dimensions of their models.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...dParentID=7870
Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
bigdougt
Intermediate

Default xm commander

I was just told by another vendor in town that an xm commander is small enough and works with Sirius. I know they merged but has anyone used a commander with Sirius?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 AM
bigdougt
Intermediate

Default sirius starbase

Just discovered the discontinued Sirius Starbase will fit in the ashtray and you will need the 40-gm10 and 40-gm30 to connect to the antannae in the back of the radio. I purchased my Starbase off of e-bay and got the antannae connectors at Circuit City at a deep discount. It will be this weekends project so I will post some pics. After the install, I will have an XTR1 with boombox and carkit for sale. The XTR1 is a preregulation FCC unit that I can pic up the signal in other cars over 50 feet away. Sounds great but I don't like the way it looks in my vet and I cannot hide it and still see the display. Regards.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
bigdougt
Intermediate

Default Sirius Starbase Installed in Ashtray

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...n-ashtray.html

Get notified of new replies

To Lets see pictures of your aftermarket sirius

Quick Reply: Lets see pictures of your aftermarket sirius