Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 front speakers/sub install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
don99vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 front speakers/sub install question

I installed front speakers and a sub that is powered from Alpine PDX5. I wired it with the PAC ADD-GM24 and soldered the RCA's to it. I am using the rear speakers RCA's for the sub.
I did not expect to get any sound out of the rears using the rear speakers RCA's for the sub.
Is this correct and I just need to disconnect the speaker wires at each speaker or do I have something else wrong. I wired the pac just as instructed from C6 audio guide.
Thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 08:58 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

yup u must disconenct the rears
Old 07-18-2008, 09:01 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

The ADD-GM24 splices into the signal so the stock amplifier is still receiving signal, that's why the rears still work. While I would disconnect the rears you don't necessarily have to. I'd listen to it both ways and see which you prefer. I suspect the sound stage will be a bit cleaner without the factory rears muddying things up.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:52 PM
don99vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pentavolvo & The Komoman, your postings along with countless others helped a great deal in upgrading my system. Myself and many others would not be able to do an upgrade like this or it would certainly take alot more time to complete.
Thank you for taking the time and energy for the things you do on this forum. I'm sure your postings help someone that wants to know something about their Corvette everyday.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:05 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by don99vette
Pentavolvo & The Komoman, your postings along with countless others helped a great deal in upgrading my system. Myself and many others would not be able to do an upgrade like this or it would certainly take alot more time to complete.
Thank you for taking the time and energy for the things you do on this forum. I'm sure your postings help someone that wants to know something about their Corvette everyday.
Congrats on your new system Don! Greg & I enjoy helping folks out with these installs. If you're a Corvette guy the lack of installers with knowledge of our cars is frightening and I know how I would feel if somebody messed up my car, so we do our best to keep that from happening.

So you're welcome.. and enjoy!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:42 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I dont remeber who on the forum was having an install done I had to talk to his installer or his car never would have been correct

Get notified of new replies

To C6 front speakers/sub install question

Quick Reply: C6 front speakers/sub install question