Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Pos Gmso4.....need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:46 AM
1SLOWC6
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pos Gmso4.....need Help!

I just installed my new Alpine w505 in my 06 c6 everything went great up until the gms04 gave me hell! I'm currently using the crappy Bose speakers. I've read all the threads pertaining to the gmos4, something still isn't right!

1. Radio turns on listen you can listen to music but once the door closed you barely hear the volume also when driving to!

2. Door locks are not working properly is that cause of the gmso4?

3. Just get rid of the gmso4 and get another brand! Can I get any other modules at Best Buy or Circuit City?

I would appreciate any help right about now this gmso4 is big the biggest problem I've ever had!
Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SLOWC6
I just installed my new Alpine w505 in my 06 c6 everything went great up until the gms04 gave me hell! I'm currently using the crappy Bose speakers. I've read all the threads pertaining to the gmos4, something still isn't right!

1. Radio turns on listen you can listen to music but once the door closed you barely hear the volume also when driving to!

2. Door locks are not working properly is that cause of the gmso4?

3. Just get rid of the gmso4 and get another brand! Can I get any other modules at Best Buy or Circuit City?

I would appreciate any help right about now this gmso4 is big the biggest problem I've ever had!
I installed my setup with the Alpine 505. I did not use the GMOS-04, there are so many people that had problems with them. You can do a search and you will find multiple threads with different problems.

1) I think there is an adjustment on the GMOS-04, to increase the volume.

2) Door locks, I don't think so. What is exactly happening?

3) I used this setup for mine and the chime module is needed. From Sonic Electronix.
Interface: Scosche DCGMOS2B11B
Chime module: Scosche DCGMCM2B12 / DCGMCM2B12B

I would consider changing out the speakers for a nice set of components. The hardest work has been done with the headunit IMO. Adding the rest should be easy and it make it sound much better.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:00 PM
1SLOWC6
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 805Z06
I installed my setup with the Alpine 505. I did not use the GMOS-04, there are so many people that had problems with them. You can do a search and you will find multiple threads with different problems.

1) I think there is an adjustment on the GMOS-04, to increase the volume.

2) Door locks, I don't think so. What is exactly happening?

3) I used this setup for mine and the chime module is needed. From Sonic Electronix.
Interface: Scosche DCGMOS2B11B
Chime module: Scosche DCGMCM2B12 / DCGMCM2B12B

I would consider changing out the speakers for a nice set of components. The hardest work has been done with the headunit IMO. Adding the rest should be easy and it make it sound much better.

I had read all the horror stories but, yet still bought the gmos4!

Door locks were acting weird not lock/unlocking from inside the car.......I think the battery was dead after working on it for a few hours!

How are the Scosche products? I'm sure a lot better then the gmos4!

Should replace the fronts only with a component set? How about the rears?

Thanks for the help I appreciate it!
Steve
Old 05-25-2008, 02:04 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

I had read all the horror stories but, yet still bought the gmos4!

Door locks were acting weird not lock/unlocking from inside the car.......I think the battery was dead after working on it for a few hours!

How are the Scosche products? I'm sure a lot better then the gmos4!

Should replace the fronts only with a component set? How about the rears?

Thanks for the help I appreciate it!
Steve
I'm not sure why folks have so much trouble with the GMOS-04. I know of 2 guys here that have used them many times doing installs with on trouble. I suspect it's probably poor documentation, though from my experience the instructions provided with ALL of the modules are less than great. I haven't personally used the GMOS-04 so I don't want to make any guesses as to what may be wrong. If you don't have Onstar than the Peripheral GMCO is the most popular module, if you do have Onstar then the GMAH24B with the GMAHCM.

As far as speaker replacements go, the rears are the last thing I'd worry about. But don't even consider a component speaker upgrade unless you're planning on installing an amplifier as well - the factory amps, whether Delco or Bose, just don't have the juice to drive aftermarket component speakers.

Sorry I can't help you with the GMOS-04, maybe Pentavolvo will chime in on this thread, he's used that module a bunch of times.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:57 PM
1SLOWC6
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
I'm not sure why folks have so much trouble with the GMOS-04. I know of 2 guys here that have used them many times doing installs with on trouble. I suspect it's probably poor documentation, though from my experience the instructions provided with ALL of the modules are less than great. I haven't personally used the GMOS-04 so I don't want to make any guesses as to what may be wrong. If you don't have Onstar than the Peripheral GMCO is the most popular module, if you do have Onstar then the GMAH24B with the GMAHCM.

As far as speaker replacements go, the rears are the last thing I'd worry about. But don't even consider a component speaker upgrade unless you're planning on installing an amplifier as well - the factory amps, whether Delco or Bose, just don't have the juice to drive aftermarket component speakers.

Sorry I can't help you with the GMOS-04, maybe Pentavolvo will chime in on this thread, he's used that module a bunch of times.

Thanks for the help TheKomoman! I've been busy with work finally got back to fixing my HU. I lost my nerves on this one by far, so finally I called Metra walked me threw it! The problem I had was one wire that was not wired in properly! The remote wire from the HU goes on the bottom of the gmos4 blue with white (instruction manual does not state that)
Old 05-29-2008, 06:18 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help TheKomoman! I've been busy with work finally got back to fixing my HU. I lost my nerves on this one by far, so finally I called Metra walked me threw it! The problem I had was one wire that was not wired in properly! The remote wire from the HU goes on the bottom of the gmos4 blue with white (instruction manual does not state that)
Glad it worked out well. S

cosche - there was a bit of confusion at first it it would work. The actual company said it would not but Sonic Electronix said it would. After getting the right parts it worked out well.

Battery. You might want to get a battery tender if you plan on spending more time working on it. That's what I ended up doing.

Regards to the door locks. Make sure both doors are closed before trying to lock and unlock. I had a similar issue, thought it was the wiring but just had to keep the door closed.

Components are a nice upgrade, I would put a small amp behind the seat.

I didn't do the rears based on suggestions here. The sound is great though with just the two front components.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:33 PM
1SLOWC6
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 805Z06
Glad it worked out well. S

cosche - there was a bit of confusion at first it it would work. The actual company said it would not but Sonic Electronix said it would. After getting the right parts it worked out well.

Battery. You might want to get a battery tender if you plan on spending more time working on it. That's what I ended up doing.

Regards to the door locks. Make sure both doors are closed before trying to lock and unlock. I had a similar issue, thought it was the wiring but just had to keep the door closed.

Components are a nice upgrade, I would put a small amp behind the seat.

I didn't do the rears based on suggestions here. The sound is great though with just the two front components.

Thanks for your the help! I had bought a battery tender a while ago just never dawned on me to pop it in.

I just ordered a set of components (Boston pro60) for the doors a amp to drive the bad boys! Next step is sub in the rear hopefully some vendors can chime in on some prices!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St Jude Donor '13

Thanks for your the help! I had bought a battery tender a while ago just never dawned on me to pop it in.

I just ordered a set of components (Boston pro60) for the doors a amp to drive the bad boys! Next step is sub in the rear hopefully some vendors can chime in on some prices!
Glad to hear things worked out for ya.

If that batt drained down completely, expect to have to replace it when it gets to be about 2 years old... ask me how I know.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

damn, I was going to tell you to hook up the blue/white

btw, I have now used this module on 4 different vettes, none have a problem yet
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Times
damn, I was going to tell you to hook up the blue/white

btw, I have now used this module on 4 different vettes, none have a problem yet
Jimmy - since you are familiar with this module would you mind doing a quick write-up with how to? I've seen the instructions and for the inexperienced they are definitely tough to unravel. Clear instructions for the C6 would be greatly appreciated!

Get notified of new replies

To Pos Gmso4.....need Help!

Quick Reply: Pos Gmso4.....need Help!