Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opinions on SQ system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:51 AM
eschantra
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on SQ system?

The factory head unit's CD player just took a dump and I figured this was the perfect opportunity for me to upgrade my stereo system. After reading some online reviews I'm pretty settled on a McIntosh MX406 or an Eclipse CD7200 head unit, DLS Nobelium 6.2 front stage and a JL 8W7 in a stealth box for bass (all of which I should be able to get off fleabay for waaaaaaaaaaay less than retail). My main question concerns amplifiers. Which would you choose, a JL 500/5, DLS A7, an old McIntosh MC440 or something else? Also, anyone have experience with PPI's DCX series? I have access to a couple of those as well. Not looking to blast or thump it, just want something clean. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Team DCA
Racer

If it were me, I would stay away from JL as the other two you listed are pretty superior to it. If you are looking at pretty much anything, look at the Focal amps (yes they make amps too) and Audison. Really you have some pretty good choices so far.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
adown
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at Pioneers Premier line. I run 06 models in my wifes Excursion and 07 models in my Vette. Listen before you judge.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:09 PM
eschantra
Pro

Thanks for the input. I've used Pioneer head units in the past (a double-DIN from circa 2002 and a more recent P7800MP), and while both seemed to be good quality and they had good features, both of them colored the sound in a way I didn't like, so I'm staying away from them this time. I was looking at a Memphis Belle MCH1300 and an old Zapco on the 'bay but I'm not sure either of them is what I'm looking for. And Team DCA, the install in your C4 looks sick
Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Team DCA
Racer

Originally Posted by eschantra
. And Team DCA, the install in your C4 looks sick
Thank you. I assume you are meaning from the pics in the other thread. There is a lot of blood, sweat and tears going into it.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on SQ system?

Quick Reply: Opinions on SQ system?