Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Maestro SWC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Mike Green9
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 110 Posts

Default Maestro SWC Problem

Hi.

2008 3LT No Nav + Kenwood DNX890HD + GMOS04 Harness

I just hooked up my Kenwood, and as soon as I connected the negative terminal of the battery, the radio fuse in the pasenger footwell popped.

I did some troubleshooting and removed the Maestro SW. Connected the battery - and the Kenwood powered up just fine.

If I plug the Maestro back in, the fuse pops as soon as I reconnect the battery.

The Maestro flashed AOK, and it is wired it as per the diagram that came in the box.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

M...
Old 02-09-2014, 09:09 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

+12v (switched or constant) connects to pin A6 of car harness

SWC 'input' connects to pin A7 of car harness

+/- also connect to SWC wires to power it up (I'll assume red/black)

That's all you should have to do.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:47 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

thats because your connected wrong.
I dont recall but if you did get this from us let me know and I will MSG you how to wire it correctly as you can not read the instruction from Idatalink as they are wrong and you will end up doing what your doing.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Mike Green9
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 110 Posts

Hi.

I found the problem re the short:

It has to do with the way the Metra ASWC works, and how Metra makes their wire harness to work with their Steering wheel interface.

Metra supplies power to Pin A6, which is the reference for the steering wheel control circuit. However, ADS Maestro works like the OEM system, and provides ground on Pin A6. When I wired the ADS Maestro module, I connected the Black/White lead to the Yellow wire in the Metra harness (which also connects to all of the other +12v sources in the harness), so when I plugged the ADS Maestro module in, it put a ground on the +12v line, causing the fuse to blow.

The solution is to run the black/white lead from the Maestro to Pin A6, and cut the yellow lead so it doesn't backfeed into the harness.

M.....

Get notified of new replies

To Maestro SWC Problem

Quick Reply: Maestro SWC Problem