Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any templates for the C5 door opening?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Blorton
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any templates for the C5 door opening?

Anyone have a speaker adapter template they'd care to share?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-02-2007, 09:57 AM
jashearer
Racer

Its not too bad. I just used my stockers when I removed them... I found that if you remove the amp from the frame it makes for easier tracing

I've never heard of anyone making a template. There is lots of room for extra material, assuming you don't go too crazy.

Jay
Old 10-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Blorton
Pro

Thanks, I was just being optimistic, since there are frc/z06 partition templates floating around.

Yea, I'll just go with tracing the original then.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
adown
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a template and scanned it to share only to realize it can't be printed on a standard 8 1/2x11 printer. Like the earlier post said, it's pretty easy to trace. Cut it big and make small adjustments then use it as a temp. for the other side.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Fasthotrod
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an AutoCAD file that I made up for the template. ADown is right though... you have to have a printer that can punch out 11X17 paper to get it to print right.

It's not a huge deal to get every edge copied perfectly... just the holes for mounting it and the lower part where the main driver goes so it can clear the door panel. There is a little bit of 'wiggle room' around the speaker plate.

I actually made my first template by cutting a rectangular hole in a piece of 1/8" MDF that fit the Bose amp, then I slapped the stock speaker in place and started tracing around it and marking the holes. I cut it out, smoothed the edges, and used THAT as my template. Worked great when using a router to cut out the MDF.

If you really want a slick set of speaker panels that won't warp due to moisture like MDF will, get up with "TheKomoman" here on the CF. I think he has the plates made up for C5's now.

Here is what the prototype looks like:

Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 06-28-2011, 09:31 AM
jhanson999
Advanced

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm looking for a speaker template too. I have access to a plotter, so I can print out whatever size I need.

I know these are easy to build at the time of the install, but I'd really like to have my speakers all mounted and ready to go ahead of time. I'm planning on putting a new headunit it, wiring all that up, plus replacing all the speakers, running new wiring for them, plus wiring my subs/amp up all at the same time on my daily driver... so saving the 20 minutes or so doing this that day would really help!

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You can order them for $20 here
Old 06-29-2011, 10:42 AM
jhanson999
Advanced

Originally Posted by markcz
You can order them for $20 here
Thanks! I found them on a few other sites, but almost everyone wanted $50-60 for them, which seemed ridiculously high.

Get notified of new replies

To Any templates for the C5 door opening?

Quick Reply: Any templates for the C5 door opening?