Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1994 bose replacement/wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:21 AM
keepers15
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 bose replacement/wiring diagram

new here and in need of advice on installing aftermarket stereo in a 1994 vette, I am replacing my bose system and installing a new system(HEAD UNIT AND SPEAKERS) I have run 14 guage wire to speakers but need advice on wiring new head unit, constant hot,ignition,illumination and ground wires any advice would be great Thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 03:18 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Read to FAQ sticky at the top of the section, should tell you all you need to know. If you have any other questions, then just ask.

Good luck
Old 10-06-2007, 08:21 PM
keepers15
Advanced

Default 1994 bose replacement

here is how I wired the new system,memory wire to cigar lighter(red),I used a fuse extender and hooked it to fuse box (radio fuse)for ignition wire,antenna wire to stock plug(gray wire) and for the ground it also went to the cigar lighter . My stereo does not have a dimmer, If anyone knows of a problem that I my have please post
Old 10-08-2007, 12:30 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by keepers15
here is how I wired the new system,memory wire to cigar lighter(red),I used a fuse extender and hooked it to fuse box (radio fuse)for ignition wire,antenna wire to stock plug(gray wire) and for the ground it also went to the cigar lighter . My stereo does not have a dimmer, If anyone knows of a problem that I my have please post
If your car is a '94, then the CDM is in the rear compartment, and the FAQ tells you to run a set on wires from it to the new radio. What you did sounds OK, but how are you picking up the antenna wire? On my car, the antenna only goes up when the radio is on, not the Siruis or CD's, which is most of the time.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 AM
keepers15
Advanced

Default 1994 bose replacement/wiring diagram

I used a antenna extension to hook up the antenna (LET ME CORRECT ONE THING) I used the pink wire for my antenna not the gray wire as stated in my previous post

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 bose replacement/wiring diagram

Quick Reply: 1994 bose replacement/wiring diagram