Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Aux Input '02 Z06 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:36 AM
kirker912
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Input '02 Z06 wiring

I know there has been discussion about this before but nobody seems to have come up with a clear cut answer. It seems that it takes the GM10-Aux like:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piegm10aux.html

But then the question is "Do I need an additional wiring harness, and if so which one(s)" I do not have a cd changer so there is no wiring to the truck, but I have heard that there should be wires running to the fuse panel area under the pass floor board. I have looked and there are a couple plugs down there. Does anyone have a pic of the plug? They listed on the site above that it connects to a 10 pin plug, and I don't think there is a 10pin plug down there. Is there a better aux input adaptor, or how should this be done?

I want to get it right the first time. Order enough material for 2 cars, and I will take pics of both cars as I install and post the pics because I know there are a lot of people out there with the same questions.

As a side note after this I am installing a small screen and controls for mp3, and adding a kicker L7 10 in the trunk. I will add pics of that setup also.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
kirker912
Intermediate

Hopefully I won't be the first to test this aux adapter. Has anyone use this one or one like it?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Doing this now... any results on your end yet. Gotta look in the passenger side as well tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:02 AM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 224 Posts

Did you get it figured out? I want to do the same thing - same questions.

Thanks,
D.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:11 AM
juicey
Intermediate

I just did this in my '02 Z06. My car does not have a changer, so I had to buy PIE's changer harness (COR-HAR) along with GM10-AUX.

Installation was pretty easy, there are two plugs underneath the passenger floorboard that the COR-HAR connects to. The GM10-AUX then plugs into the COR-HAR harness.

If you already have a changer in the trunk, you can skip buying the COR-HAR harness. You'd have to unplug your changer and plug the GM10-AUX into the factory harness.

Because COR-HAR is intended to be used for a changer, it's long enough to reach the trunk area of the car. I didn't want to run the harness all the way back there just to plug in the GM10-AUX. Instead, I stuffed the harness and the GM10-AUX in the dash behind the climate controls. It was a tight fit but works well there.

Also, the headunit is a little finicky when it comes to recognizing the GM10-AUX as a changer. It took me a few tries to get it to work properly. Do a search in the audio section for GM10-AUX and you'll find the proper steps to make the HU recognize the unit.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:28 AM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Originally Posted by juicey
I just did this in my '02 Z06. My car does not have a changer, so I had to buy PIE's changer harness (COR-HAR) along with GM10-AUX.

Installation was pretty easy, there are two plugs underneath the passenger floorboard that the COR-HAR connects to. The GM10-AUX then plugs into the COR-HAR harness.

If you already have a changer in the trunk, you can skip buying the COR-HAR harness. You'd have to unplug your changer and plug the GM10-AUX into the factory harness.

Because COR-HAR is intended to be used for a changer, it's long enough to reach the trunk area of the car. I didn't want to run the harness all the way back there just to plug in the GM10-AUX. Instead, I stuffed the harness and the GM10-AUX in the dash behind the climate controls. It was a tight fit but works well there.

Also, the headunit is a little finicky when it comes to recognizing the GM10-AUX as a changer. It took me a few tries to get it to work properly. Do a search in the audio section for GM10-AUX and you'll find the proper steps to make the HU recognize the unit.

Got any pics of where the cables are in the passenger side?

Where did you pick up power?

Thanks,
D.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
juicey
Intermediate

I didn't take any pictures during the installation. You can see pics in this post. The picture shows the carpet completely removed, which you don't have to do. 'AUX plug #1' will be in plain sight, 'AUX plug #2' was tucked under the carpet underneath the passenger kick panel, taped up to the harness. And incase you didn't know, this is all underneath the removable panel in the passenger side footwell, where the fuse box is located.

As for tapping power, the GM10-AUX gets it from the changer harness. I did have to get ACC power for my Sirius radio, which I took off of the taped up 3-wire bundle located in the top left of area under the removable panel. It has a constant 12v, switched 12v, and ground.

-J

Last edited by juicey; 12-03-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:36 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Thanks, I will check it out.

I know I sound like an idiot here, but what are the difference between AUX 1 and AUX 2? I thought the unit only had one AUX.

Thanks for the help,
D.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:00 PM
juicey
Intermediate

You're correct, the head unit only has one AUX. It's just that the wiring is seperated into two plugs, and I was using 'AUX plug #1' and 'AUX plug #2' because they were noted as such in the picture in the post I linked.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 PM
CE2004
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by juicey

Does this mean it's a no-splice installation? Just find the connectors, plug and play?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Slider-01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Can't find second plug!!!!!

I have been reading thie post with great interest.
I have a 97 coupe and have been able to find one plug but for the life of me I can't find the other.
I took out the kick panel where the fuse block is and nothing unless it it tucied behind the fuse panel somewhere and I can't get to it. I pulled the carpet back; nothing. . . I haven't taken out the side plastic kick panel yet and am hesitant to take the fuse block loose but can't imagine where the heck the other plug is. . .
Anyone have any more clues as to where the other plug might be?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by G-Loc
I have been reading thie post with great interest.
I have a 97 coupe and have been able to find one plug but for the life of me I can't find the other.
I took out the kick panel where the fuse block is and nothing unless it it tucied behind the fuse panel somewhere and I can't get to it. I pulled the carpet back; nothing. . . I haven't taken out the side plastic kick panel yet and am hesitant to take the fuse block loose but can't imagine where the heck the other plug is. . .
Anyone have any more clues as to where the other plug might be?
This pic is large but here it is, one is tucked and taped under the kick panel. BTW some older models do not have the 2 pig tails in the passanger foot well, they have to be connected behind the radio.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Slider-01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by screw991le
This pic is large but here it is, one is tucked and taped under the kick panel. BTW some older models do not have the 2 pig tails in the passanger foot well, they have to be connected behind the radio.
Thanks, I found one (3 wire) but for the life of me I can't find the other. Beginning to think that there isn't one since mime is a 97 (#2306). In that case i am not sure what to use to connect my Sirius receiver directly to the AUX button, if there is a way or what cable to use at the back of the head unit, and may just have to go the FM direct route. Any ideas?
Bob
Old 01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Slider-01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for all the help last week. Finally got my Sirius receiver installation finished yesterday. Never could find the second plug and from other info, seems that 97s as early as mine (2306) may have not had the second wire from the back installed unless the real CD changer was in fact ordered.
Ended up using the FM Direct connection right to the FM antenna. Sounds great. Mounted the Sirius antenna behind the passenger side tail light, behind the rear facia on the steel beam that is in there.
Here is a photo of the final installation.
Thanks again for all the help.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:55 AM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by G-Loc
Thanks for all the help last week. Finally got my Sirius receiver installation finished yesterday. Never could find the second plug and from other info, seems that 97s as early as mine (2306) may have not had the second wire from the back installed unless the real CD changer was in fact ordered.
Ended up using the FM Direct connection right to the FM antenna. Sounds great. Mounted the Sirius antenna behind the passenger side tail light, behind the rear facia on the steel beam that is in there.
Here is a photo of the final installation.
Thanks again for all the help.
Nice install

Get notified of new replies

To Aux Input '02 Z06 wiring

Quick Reply: Aux Input '02 Z06 wiring