Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Swiss Audio Question?????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:45 PM
CN RED
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swiss Audio Question?????????

I was at a local audio install location and a few of the installers kept talking up Swiss Audio Amps, specially if you are limited with space. I don't know exactly the Model numder but the question is...................................,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Are these amps worth the hour worth of hyped up conversation I had with these installers?

Thanks for your opinions.

CN RED
Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
CN RED
Pro

Anyone??????????????
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

I can't say I have any personal experience with these amps, but my experience with sales guys is that if they're pushing something hard then there's something in it for them....

What I've heard about this brand, and that's very little, was not very good. Best I can tell ya, sorry.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Alcee1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Perry, do your own homework, the salesman is just trying to make money, they will sell you a broke amp if they thought you would buy it. Do your homework and learn about what your getting into, it's not that hard, just takes time, but you will be more satisfied with the results, then you will be able to tell the salesman what you want and not buy what they want you to.

AL
Old 07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
CN RED
Pro

Your right Al,

Thats why I jumped on the Audio section to get some opinions from people that are very much into the Audio thing than I. But it appears that not to many people know much about Swiss Audio because I have'nt gotten to many comments.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Spkrboy
Pro

Originally Posted by CN RED
But it appears that not to many people know much about Swiss Audio because I have'nt gotten to many comments.
I was holding off hoping to see someone else get the point across, but it seems slow...

Swiss Audio is high-profit stuff marketed specifically to people who respond to how an amp or a speaker looks as opposed to documentation of it's performance. In short, it's low grade.

Hope this helps, and that I haven't offended anyone. :o
Old 07-02-2007, 09:47 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is the first time i've heard of swiss audio too. if you're interested in building a system start a new thread and i'm sure a bunch of us will jump in to help you with your choices. I'm actually biting the bullet today and dropping my car off to have someone else work on it. I'll report back with my impressions and you may want to go check them out if you're going that route
Old 07-03-2007, 02:12 PM
CN RED
Pro

Wow your letting someone else do some Aduio work to your car. They must come highly recommended. Let me know how it comes out.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:22 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, i just dont have time to finish the system and i just want to enjoy my car again.

I should have it back by next week, i'll post a review then. I'm still taking care of the dash though

Get notified of new replies

To Swiss Audio Question?????????

Quick Reply: Swiss Audio Question?????????