Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question for Frost King guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 AM
3rd Childhood
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Frost King guys

Like many of you, I installed Frost King in the back while I had everything stripped out for my system install. I was a little worried about how things would fit back together with one layer everywhere and 2 layers on the cargo area floor. Man, does it not fit! The good news is I'm happy with the sound reduction. The bad news is the back of the car looks like it was assembled on a Monday morning.

The cubby covers are the biggest problem, but the rear trim panels are off enough that the roof hold down thingies don't operate too smoothly. The only thing I can see to do is cut out insulation in the areas of interference which would be a shame. So, do I just live with it or is there a classy way to solve this?

By the way, the system, Alpine, E Design, Kicker sounds good but I'm still adjusting.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

No way around it, sorry. Cut out the insulation that is getting in the way. This is the exact reason why i pulled it out of the rear. I am going to go with something thinner and of foam. I have frost king up front the help reduce heat more than anything else. Also, if you have a coupe or vert, they have more foam insulation to begin with then my Z does. So that gets in the way as well.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 AM
bbentley40
Racer

I only did one layer of FK for the most part, but I know where your coming from on the fitting issues. For the most part I was able to get the drivers side to fit with a little forceful effort.. but the passengers side cubby also has lots of newly installed wires around it too, so I am having major issues with it.

I have not tried to put the center back on yet, but I am expecting issues with it too. I built a sub box that did not go in as stealthy as I expected.. so I have to build another one before I can try to get the cover on.

I am hoping that my mat I have for the trunk will cover up most of the uneven look of the panels when I am done.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:11 PM
3rd Childhood
Advanced

I was afraid of that. Guess I will do a little nip and tuck and see if I can make this thing decent. Thanks for the replies.

Get notified of new replies

To Question for Frost King guys

Quick Reply: Question for Frost King guys