Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Several kudos

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:30 PM
3rd Childhood
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several kudos

After lurking on the forum for awhile, I finally decided on a system and ordered the parts this week. Edi 6000's for the doors, Subthump box with w/13kv3, and Knukonceptz 4 channel amp kit. Last week got my refurbished Kicker 640 off eBay. All vendors got the stuff to me in less than a week - can't beat that. Thanks also to the resident experts for component selection suggestions which I have stolen. Total cost $614.

I'll be keeping my Alpine h/u with XM. Hopefully will be a pretty good low cost system.

The last piece is whether to do the wiring myself. I'm pretty comfortable doing everything except getting into the dash. I must be doing something wrong because when I search on that, I get no matches. Are there any helpful links?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is a great write up on the vette essentials site that show you how to take apart the dash.

congrats on the system, sounds like you'll have a pretty decent upgrade on your hands.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

The dash is simple, go to the FAQs in the top, there is a link on how-to take apart the radio bezel and the armrest.

Post pics of the install.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:32 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

do the wiring yourself man vette is a very easy car to wire up... nice selection on products, im expecting a full review

Get notified of new replies

To Several kudos

Quick Reply: Several kudos