Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C4 Bose w/ no sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
James in MD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C4 Bose w/ no sound

Perhaps some of the Bose system experts can provide me with some direction in solving this problem. The car is a 1993 convertible w/ the Bose sound system. When I bought the car last month the sound sytem was not working, powered on but no sound. Took the car to a car stereo shop to have the system checked out. They determined that the receiver was bad and ordered a new (rebiult) one. When the new receiver came it was installed but the system still didn't work. The shop removed the head unit and sent both units (head and receiver) out for testing. I was just informed that both units tested OK so the problem has to be somewhere else in the car. If the headunit and the receiver are in fact OK is there some other central component in this system that might fail preventing the sysytem from playing or is a failure of all of the speaker amplifiers a possibility? Any advise or direction is appreciated.

James
Old 02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

there is a relay for the speakers... I will have to check my FSM to confirm location, but I think it's by the steering column.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:06 PM
jmmplm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the amps are notorious for going out in the C4's, try buying some front amps and putting them in before buying front and rear. Ebay has some for sale.

Jim
Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

if it was me, I would ditch the bose completely.

when you replace the amps, they are generic amps, not Corvette specific, so whatever SQ there was, is shot to ****.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
jmmplm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed new amps in the front on my 93, I had no sound out of the front, when I put in the new amps, the speakers fired to life. You should try installing new amps first, couldn't hurt. You can get them on ebay.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Bose w/ no sound

Quick Reply: C4 Bose w/ no sound