Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Your Favorite Install Shops and Buyers Guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 07:32 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default San Francisco Bay area 2022/2023 update

Need an update for 2022 and 2023:

For professional installer and sound system equipment in Contra Costa County.
Old 06-02-2023, 05:58 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Need an update for 2022 and 2023:

For professional installer and sound system equipment in Contra Costa County.
uh, sure... that's gonna happen... I don't think a shop exists in this country that can make that happen... unless you want to spend $5k for the install.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:31 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bogus
uh, sure... that's gonna happen... I don't think a shop exists in this country that can make that happen... unless you want to spend $5k for the install.
I found 2 shops to the tune of $1,800+ but that doesn't include speakers (only if needed). This includes the Kenwood unit with 2 year warranty and front camera and rear camera. Can't forget the Siruis subscription $$$ for the satellite radio/music.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:04 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I am looking at taking it to Reus Audio... I have heard their work and it's exceptional. A bit pricy, but they have been around for some 40-odd years. Can't suck, eh?
Old 06-17-2023, 05:12 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LS WON
Go to Costco and buy one of those wireless color back up cams that you have the option of hooking into your reverse gear when you back up. It works at night too. That is the one I have.
I didn't hook mine into the reverse gear because I want to keep everything independent in case if something should go wrong it's that much easier to get rid of it or having other problems.
Now they have one with both front and rear camera for $159 if you would be interested in that. That unit wasn't out when I bought this rearview back up cam.
UPDATE: on wireless back up camera in license plate frame on Corvette. Unit in license plate finally failed for good. Got a refund for it from Costco who no longer sells this very same unit at this time. It lasted 4 years but it did have it flaws.
If unit had failed one year prior and I dealt directly with company, the company told me they will send me a brand new one fully knowing that I bought it from Costco with a receipt. But since it went over that time limit lasting longer it did not qualify for that offer from manufacturer so I chose the full refund offer from Costco instead for a FULL REFUND.
Old 06-17-2023, 05:28 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bogus
It's interesting... this thread hasn't been updated much in the last few years, but after scanning a number of the install shops, quite a few are still in business. That has to be a good sign... links that are 10+ years old are still valid. In this biz, companies don't survive screwing over customers.

I revisited this thread, looking for a shop to install hardware in my C6 - a bad knee is killing my flexibility! And I found a couple worth looking into who are still around. And one I was specifically looking for. I call this a win.
it's useful in this respect. You can see who is still in business and there is something to be said about these reputable businesses that still exist after all of this time.

Quick Reply: Your Favorite Install Shops and Buyers Guide