Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Upgrade HU in ZR1 to Pioneer AVIC 7100NEX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Jimnc
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Upgrade HU in ZR1 to Pioneer AVIC 7100NEX?

I have the stock Bose HU in my 2011 ZR1. I have added the following upgrades to the sound system:

JL XD700 amp
JL 10" Stealthbox Sub
JL C5650 Speakers
JL C5525 Speakers
Bit Ten Sound Processor

I am very happy with the sound but hate the stock HU. I find it clunky and hard to maneuver between tracks and different screens. I am thinking about upgrading to the Pioneer 7100NEX. I want to add a rear camera and the added features like HD radio, Carplay, etc. would be great.

My question is whether the addition of the 7100 or any similar HU will really improve the sound quality or does the Bit Ten clean up the signal enough that the sound improvement will be minimal? This would be a fairly expensive upgrade and if all I gain is the additional features I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Jimnc
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimnc
I have the stock Bose HU in my 2011 ZR1. I have added the following upgrades to the sound system:

JL XD700 amp
JL 10" Stealthbox Sub
JL C5650 Speakers
JL C5525 Speakers
Bit Ten Sound Processor

I am very happy with the sound but hate the stock HU. I find it clunky and hard to maneuver between tracks and different screens. I am thinking about upgrading to the Pioneer 7100NEX. I want to add a rear camera and the added features like HD radio, Carplay, etc. would be great.

My question is whether the addition of the 7100 or any similar HU will really improve the sound quality or does the Bit Ten clean up the signal enough that the sound improvement will be minimal? This would be a fairly expensive upgrade and if all I gain is the additional features I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Thanks.
Any advice from the experts out there?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:21 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If you hate the stock HU that much, go for it. The Pioneer will give you a lot more adjustability and you won't need the Bit Ten any more.

Get notified of new replies

To Upgrade HU in ZR1 to Pioneer AVIC 7100NEX?

Quick Reply: Upgrade HU in ZR1 to Pioneer AVIC 7100NEX?