Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 06:42 AM
Rws8
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Radio

Ok I’m sure this has been asked before , if so i apologize, I have a 2005 base with navigation but no XM, I just came across an exact nav head that does have XM and would like to install for XM radio, can someone walk me through what I’ll need and what this entails. Can it even be done ? I know antenna etc but not sure what else, would like to know what I’m getting in to before I start .

Thanks in advance
Old 10-28-2019, 07:40 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forums!

here's a place that can answer your question........
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lectronics-20/
Old 10-28-2019, 08:25 AM
Sabre34

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 767 Likes on 704 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by gilhuly
Welcome to the forums!

here's a place that can answer your question........
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lectronics-20/
Moved.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:17 AM
Rws8
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a lot of what I need in there , Thanks !
Old 10-28-2019, 02:45 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Rws8
Ok I’m sure this has been asked before , if so i apologize, I have a 2005 base with navigation but no XM, I just came across an exact nav head that does have XM and would like to install for XM radio, can someone walk me through what I’ll need and what this entails. Can it even be done ? I know antenna etc but not sure what else, would like to know what I’m getting in to before I start .

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure if it is that simple. First, there is an XM tuner that is not attached to the head unit. Also the cables involved to connect the tuner. My tuner was located above the drivers side rear wheel well, and this is for a coupe. Then there is the issue of the antennas.

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I highly recommend going with an aftermarket head unit. Lot's of added features, not just XM, when going aftermarket. Bluetooth for phone and music streaming, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, usb, better sound quality, etc, etc..
Old 10-28-2019, 02:55 PM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Rws8
Not a lot of what I need in there , Thanks !
ask your question in the C6 General Discussion forum, someone will have an answer or two
Old 10-31-2019, 10:49 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I'm not sure if it is that simple. First, there is an XM tuner that is not attached to the head unit. Also the cables involved to connect the tuner. My tuner was located above the drivers side rear wheel well, and this is for a coupe. Then there is the issue of the antennas.

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I highly recommend going with an aftermarket head unit. Lot's of added features, not just XM, when going aftermarket. Bluetooth for phone and music streaming, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, usb, better sound quality, etc, etc..

Get notified of new replies

To XM Radio

Quick Reply: XM Radio