Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

CD player noise

Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 AM
wvav8tor
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player noise

Ok, here is the problem, when I first purchased my 98 the CD player would have problems playing some of the home recorded CDs that I had. They would play but with this crackling noise in the back ground that would rise and fall with intensity with the music being played but always there. All store purchased CDs and most of my home grown CDs would play with out this distortion so I just let it go figuring during the writing process something occurred that this particular CD player just didn’t like, keep in mind I have played my CDs in numerous players without problems.

I notice that all the home CDs now play with this crackling noise, the store purchased ones at this point still seem to be ok but obviously the problem is getting worst. Experts, any suggestions would be appreciated, also are there any players out there that can be easily adapted to the present system.

Thanks people!

dusty
Old 08-11-2006, 11:02 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

it sounds like the cd lazer is failing.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:22 AM
muncie21
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

I've got the same problem. CDRs recorded from MP3s sound like crap. BTW, if I turn hard (L or R) it gets worse. LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Russsstty
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crackling noise in CD player

I am having the same crackling/static noise issue, model year 2007 when I play all CD's. CD's play fine when engine is shut off. Seems to get worse or sometimes better during acceleration which leads me to believe that there is some electrical system in the car causing interference. I have not figured it out yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To CD player noise

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD player noise