Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Aftermarket Head Unit w/Factory Amps and Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:57 PM
99fht
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Head Unit w/Factory Amps and Speakers

Hey guys I am looking at getting the new JVC KD-AVX2 for my vette and use the Soundgate GMCVR1 C5 bose stereo adapter. (here's the website for this www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=378 ). I already replaced the factory twidlers with Boston Acoustic 3.5" speakers. I really like the sound of the factory system and didn't want to change out the factory deck because that normally changes the sound of your stereo alot. But after buying my vette and finding out the factory cd player doesn't play burned cd's I decided I have to do something. Just wondering if anyone has used this stereo adapter before and everyone's opinion on it. (Yes I have done many big systems before in my STS and SVT's but I really don't want to go too deep into it as I like the sound of my GHL's better!!! )
Old 06-27-2006, 01:30 AM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

Default Factory HU will read CD-R but not CD/RW

will not read .wma or .mp3 files, but will read cd's burned as "audio cd"

if you do replace the head unit, you may consider these parts available from a fellow member:

http://webpages.charter.net/vmart/Mike_Stanzel/

Last edited by VinceC5; 06-27-2006 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:44 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by VinceC5

if you do replace the head unit, you may consider these parts available from a fellow member:

it doesnt read the mp3 stuff, but if you burn it as just a regular audio cd, it plays fine. if you are still having problems, burn the cd at a slower rate. hopefully this helps. unless you are looking to use mp3 cds
Old 06-27-2006, 12:18 PM
99fht
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by VinceC5

No I'm not talking about it not playing mp3 cd's, I'm talking about it not playing regular cd's with the audio files burned in .WAV format. Every once in a blue moon I can get one to play but thats about it. I know I was very surprised at this as every other gm car that I have owned has had no problem playing burned cd's.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:58 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

try burning them at a much slower rate
Old 06-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Duramax Dave
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had problems with some burned CD's not playing. I found that when I was using dark colored CD's (on the side that gets burned) sometimes it wouldn't play. I switched brands of CDs to PNY which are a light colored green and haven't had problems since. This was several years ago that I switched.

Don't know if the color was the problem or if I just got lucky since then. Try burning at a slower rate as well like others suggested. That might work too!

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket Head Unit w/Factory Amps and Speakers

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Head Unit w/Factory Amps and Speakers