C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vanacor corvette

Old 03-15-2003, 01:10 AM
SharkBit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default vanacor corvette

hello guys, i have a 79 corvette, currently in the repaint stage, woman ran into the back end of the car and instead of the spot paint im just gonna do it all, its been 12 years since we painted it. (originally white), quasar blue with white spots now :yesnod:

anyways, i am going to get some 'glass for it, i am thinking about the l88 hood and the bumper with the 6 inch spoiler.
has anyone used their products and had any luck with them?

if they are good, im going to get the hood and bumper at the corvette expo

thanks again
Old 03-15-2003, 01:18 AM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 387 Likes on 235 Posts

Default Re: vanacor corvette (SharkBit)

They are about 30 minutes from my house. I get all my glass from him and very satisfied with the parts. I just purchased an L88 hood from him and the fit is great.

:cheers:
Old 03-15-2003, 02:58 AM
DMONSVETTE
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: vanacor corvette (Corey 68)

:thumbs:
Old 03-15-2003, 04:54 PM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Default Re: vanacor corvette (DMONSVETTE)

I got rear ended by three drunks in a stolen truck ,,,,,,,,,,, I had the vanacors rear section installed . It is a definite :thumbs:

geo
Old 03-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Hershey
Racer

I put front and rear bumper from them on my 75. Good fit and results, especially since it was my first time working with fiberglass. Hershey :chevy
Old 03-16-2003, 07:39 PM
SharkBit
Racer

Default Re: vanacor corvette (Hershey)

thanks guys, i guess if the insurance money comes by then ill be purchasing the parts

btw, im only 18, so it limits funds, lol

thanks again :smash:
Old 03-16-2003, 08:13 PM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

I have the "Street Wing" on my '77. It's been on since before my stepdad bought the car in '88.

I didn't know who made it until recently. Another thing I learned here on Corvette Forum :thumbs: :cheers:

:seeya JRD77VET

Old 03-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Chucks76
Racer

Bought a rear bumper for my 76 about 3-4 years ago. Took a lot of work to get it to fit right. Was also my first time working with fiberglass. Wasnt a whole lot of fun. :cry
Old 03-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I bought a one piece front end and a few other items from them. They appear to be working out perfectly. The items were well priced and they happened to be local so I avoided frieght charges.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:37 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

I think they are the worst vendor out there. The guy is a jerk and his parts are 4th rate. Try ACI.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:33 AM
SharkBit
Racer

Default Re: vanacor corvette (79VetteMike)

thanks for the input guys
Old 03-17-2003, 07:55 AM
Cholo
Pro

Hmmmmmm,
Glad to hear that VANACOR's stuff fit for SOMEBODY! :skep:

I have had some lengthy exposure to 'glass since 1974,time do fly at times!

THE HANDS DOWN WORST stuff I ever used or witnesses came from American Sports Car Design. Poorly made and finished,and NEVER came close to fitting. Returned virtually all items from there.

Second WORST? VANCOR's. I could see their one piece unit's possibley working, but the Hoods, Bumper Covers.....not even close that I've seen.

American's Webpage simply declared -WE DON'T -DO- CORVETTES ANY MORE-. "-Click here-",it used to link you to........Vancor's. Figured- :rolleyes:

The best stuff -I've- used has been Joe Sermersheim's,Legendary Corvette, and yes.......ECKLER's.

The panels on my current ,'71 certainly will be from these three sources, depending. All three are on my '66 and past 7 C3 projects.

I had a Vanacor's Rear Bumper supplied to me for a job on a'74. Good prices at Vanacor's for sure! But.......it was about 1/2" too.....uh,short-Top to Bottom. Had about a 4 to 5" radius in the rear where it should had been near flat, and NONE of any openings were cut at all.
Any savings was burned up in the fitting. I ended up bonding and molding all into what looked like a one piece rear. BOLT ON like stock? No way.

I'm glad Vanacor's works for SOMEBODY,as I had no clue to what ever kept them in business. But as for me, they shan't get anything positive.

That's been my take.

Regards....Cholo

[Modified by Cholo, 7:00 AM 3/17/2003]
Old 03-17-2003, 05:07 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Default Re: vanacor corvette (Cholo)

Hmmmmmm,
Glad to hear that VANACOR's stuff fit for SOMEBODY! :skep:

I have had some lengthy exposure to 'glass since 1974,time do fly at times!

THE HANDS DOWN WORST stuff I ever used or witnesses came from American Sports Car Design. Poorly made and finished,and NEVER came close to fitting. Returned virtually all items from there.

Second WORST? VANCOR's. I could see their one piece unit's possibley working, but the Hoods, Bumper Covers.....not even close that I've seen.

American's Webpage simply declared -WE DON'T -DO- CORVETTES ANY MORE-. "-Click here-",it used to link you to........Vancor's. Figured- :rolleyes:

The best stuff -I've- used has been Joe Sermersheim's,Legendary Corvette, and yes.......ECKLER's.

The panels on my current ,'71 certainly will be from these three sources, depending. All three are on my '66 and past 7 C3 projects.

I had a Vanacor's Rear Bumper supplied to me for a job on a'74. Good prices at Vanacor's for sure! But.......it was about 1/2" too.....uh,short-Top to Bottom. Had about a 4 to 5" radius in the rear where it should had been near flat, and NONE of any openings were cut at all.
Any savings was burned up in the fitting. I ended up bonding and molding all into what looked like a one piece rear. BOLT ON like stock? No way.

I'm glad Vanacor's works for SOMEBODY,as I had no clue to what ever kept them in business. But as for me, they shan't get anything positive.

That's been my take.

Regards....Cholo

[Modified by Cholo, 7:00 AM 3/17/2003]
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Get notified of new replies

To vanacor corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: vanacor corvette