Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Speed shops in SW Michigan??

Old 09-14-2002, 02:32 PM
93LT1Vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed shops in SW Michigan??

I just purchased several go fast goodies. They include 4.10 gears, a Corsa cat back, Hot cam kit, SLPcai, and a hurst shifter. Does anyone know of a good speed shop in the SW michigan area where I can get some of this stuff installed? If I have to go to Detriot or Chicago I will, but was just wondering if the Kalamazoo, Grand rapids, or Battle Creek areas might have anything. Thanks for any info.
Old 09-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Miles in Michigan
Drifting

Default Re: Speed shops in SW Michigan?? (93LT1Vette)

I just purchased several go fast goodies. They include 4.10 gears, a Corsa cat back, Hot cam kit, SLPcai, and a hurst shifter. Does anyone know of a good speed shop in the SW michigan area where I can get some of this stuff installed? If I have to go to Detriot or Chicago I will, but was just wondering if the Kalamazoo, Grand rapids, or Battle Creek areas might have anything. Thanks for any info.
I got my car dyno'd at a place called Baker Engineering, in Nunica Michigan (half way between Grand Rapids and Muskegon). http://www.bakerengineeringinc.com/

They have experience with LT1 and SBC, AFAIK. My car's a 99 though, and they don't have any experience with LS1s, so I haven't gone there for anything but the dyno runs.

I don't know of any place else around here.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:52 PM
93LT1Vette
Intermediate

Default Re: Speed shops in SW Michigan?? (Miles in Michigan)

Thanks for the info
Old 09-20-2002, 01:34 AM
purple jinx
Racer

Another one that you might want to try is LeBoeufs in BC. Never dealt with them personally but have heard lots of good about them over the years. Checked in the phone book and their ad says high performance and they have a picture of a C4 so...616.660.2901 / 1019 E Michigan Ave. :cheers:
Old 09-25-2002, 11:17 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

93LT1Vette

You should give us a look. We are located in Fort wayne, IN. and we would be glad to accomodate you and your car.

We are price competitive w/ other HP tuners in the market and we were formerly w/ LPE before opening up this shop, so we have the effective experience in working with the C4 and C5.

We are also having our first annual fall open dyno day this Saturday the 28th, from 8am-6pm. Stop out, look us over and say hello. We can be seen at http://www.dynotech-eng.com.

Regards...
Phil Rickard, Owner/President
DynoTech Engineering Inc.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:42 PM
XH2Oskier
Instructor

Default Re: Speed shops in SW Michigan?? (DynoTech Engineering)

What happened with LPE that you're no longer working with them? Is there a dynotech in Michigan that LPE bought/buys their driveshafts from?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:10 AM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Default Re: Speed shops in SW Michigan?? (XH2Oskier)

XH20skier,

I quit LPE in the spring of 2000 to pursue a career in professional SCCA World Challenge GT Corvette Racing, as an engine builder, at which I did successfully. As my contract neared it's end, I put my own shop into motion. LPE is a very good company and I have all the respect for J.L. He's came a long way to get to where he is and I bring those same attributes in quality/durability to my business as well. There is only ONE right way to do things......

To answer your question, I believe there is a Dynotech Engineering in MI. that specializes in HP driveshafts. (no affiliation) I learned of the company's existance after we were incorporated, hence the similar names.

Regards...

-Phil Rickard, DynoTech Engineering Inc.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:01 AM
blktie8
Drifting

Default Re: Speed shops in SW Michigan?? (Miles in Michigan)

Contact Dennis,
Anscombe Motorsports Howell MI.
Howell is south central MI.
I don't have the phone number but information has it
Old 09-26-2002, 11:44 AM
XH2Oskier
Instructor

Default Re: Speed shops in SW Michigan?? (DynoTech Engineering)

That makes sense Phil. I remember when I had my car worked on at LPE a few years ago, they told me their driveshafts came from Dynotech, so I wasn't sure if you were the same company or not. If SCCA was going well, how come you left or do you still do some work for teams in the series?
Old 09-26-2002, 04:29 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Default Re: Speed shops in SW Michigan?? (XH2Oskier)

New chapter in life.......

Get notified of new replies

To Speed shops in SW Michigan??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed shops in SW Michigan??