C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for GOOD pics!

Old 08-29-2002, 11:40 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Default Looking for GOOD pics!

I'll be going through the Lemon Law soon enough now. I don't know what the outcome will be. Optimally I will get a full replacement without having to pay anything. I would see this as fair given the run-around GM gave me and the ENDLESS warranty repairs on a car I bought and never intended to part with as my daily driver.

What I'm looking for though are good pictures of 3 colors I am interested in but don't see a lot of around here. I bought my current car in black because it looks AWESOME on the C5 when its clean, but as a daily ride it is tough to stay on top of so if I get a replacement I am looking to go with a different color.

Top of my list is Electron Blue Metallic. I've seen images of them that look dark and cruddy, some that look bright and hot, and a few that leave me guessing. I have not seen a single one of these color Vettes up close, only once going the other way on the interstate.

Next - Medium Spiral Gray Metallic. Never seen one of these. I don't think the color is high on my list, a little subdued. But it looks classy. Maybe some good shots of one will raise my impression?

And - Magnetic Red Metallic - did they discontinue this color for '03/'04? I don't see it listed on the Chevrolet Corvette site anymore. That color makes me DROOOOOL. Hopefully they haven't killed it off because that is my first pick. But I'd love to see come different shots of Coupes and maybe Convertibles with it.

If I win my case and I get a replacement of equal value... the MSRP of my duplicate car means that I should be able to decide on one of any of the C5 models. A convertible could be fun, never had one before. Another coupe would be nice too, I like the open top driving. But I keep going back and forth between Coupe or ZO6. I could have bought an '01 Z when I bought the '00 Coupe, but wasn't so big on the different roof line. After two years though, I think my taste is reversing. I like the snub look, same as the convertible. And if I end up with the same problems I've gone through with the coupe on any new C5 then the ZO6 would probably have the best resale value of the three. Base performance sounds nice, but all three models are performers and I can always get the open top cruiser I want and have Cartek whip up a H/C package for me later on.

For now all three cars seem to sit equal in my mind, but I will have to make a decision soon enough. Whether I win completely or end up having to pay a bit to get my Lemon replaced, I am pretty sure I will stick with another Vette and not "sell out."

Let's see some pics! :chevy
Old 08-30-2002, 11:52 AM
RyanC7
Le Mans Master

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Re: Looking for GOOD pics! (Brett C5 SCCA)

I like the pewter but that doesnt come in an 03 and the spiral grey is a cool.... won't show much dirt as a daily driver.

:seeya
Old 08-30-2002, 12:27 PM
Mag Red Monster
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Looking for GOOD pics! (Ryan2002C5)

Magnetic Red Metalic has been discontinued for 2003
Old 08-30-2002, 01:26 PM
TXSTICK
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Go for the drop top!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
I drive to work everyday and enjoy the open air (and watch the heads turn)
You can remove all the panels you want and roll down the windows, but it still won't give you the same open air feeling. :D
Old 08-30-2002, 01:26 PM
HBJ
Pro

There are several signature pics of electron blue. I have not seen a picture yet that does this color justice. They look much better in person. As mentioned the Magnetic Red Metallic II has been discontinued for 03 and replaced with Cranberry (I believe that's the name of the color). More burgundy and I don't believe it has the metallic flake appearance. Nice, but the Mag Red is stunning on a bright day. My sig pic is of my Mag Red coupe.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:52 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Just went to run some prices to compare between models and options and saw an EB coupe.

It was EB, with 1SC and full options. But one combo that it had, I have not seen yet and it REALLY looked good - caught my breath. The EB coupe had the Magnesium rims on it. The soft shade to the rims goes PERFECTLY with the EB. I wonder if anyone has any photos of one like that on here?

I was very impressed. I had never thought of that combo until now. Kudos to anyone with that mix on their coupe! :eek:
Old 08-30-2002, 08:10 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

You'll not regret going vert...it's the best option...if you want power, add to it...it's a lot harder and more expensive to chop the roof on the z...best of luck...and btw, blue with tan top/interior is a killer combination.!
Old 08-31-2002, 02:27 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Looking for GOOD pics! (PaceThis)

I'm too traditional, I'd go for black top and interior on the blue. I like my black interiors.... which is one reason why I'm torn over the 50th Anniversary cars. They look so good!
Old 08-31-2002, 02:41 AM
FNC80
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

Here you go...Mag Red II
Old 08-31-2002, 11:41 PM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Looking for GOOD pics! (FNC80)

...and another...
:cheers:
Old 09-01-2002, 01:16 AM
64VETTEMAN
Burning Brakes

Electron Blue VERT with Black/Black. Love mine. Stay away from Magnesium wheels. Had them on my 2000. Scraped a curb and ruined them. Very soft metal. :yesnod:
Old 09-01-2002, 02:30 AM
Bill Reid
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a couple more pics... EB would be my choice:)

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for GOOD pics!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for GOOD pics!