Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop Shipments to Southern California

Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Docfeelgood
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drop Shipments to Southern California

Any dealers in Southern California willing to receive cars drop shipped from out of state dealers for a reasonable charge? Also any recommendations for dealers for service? Last time I did a drop ship was for my 2001 C5 and the receiving dealer no longer exists!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:45 AM
redshift1
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

From another forum:

Originally Posted by Docfeelgood
Any dealers in Southern California willing to receive cars drop shipped from out of state dealers for a reasonable charge? Also any recommendations for dealers for service? Last time I did a drop ship was for my 2001 C5 and the receiving dealer no longer exists!

Quote Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
Hey, I'm in CA as well and you're right about CA MSRP being in the stratosphere. I'm looking for a dealer who might accept courtesy delivery in LA/OC any ideas?

Just pickup the phone and call your local Chevy dealers. The one I am having delivered to is Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana for $500 Selman Chevrolet wanted $1000 and most dealers I talked don't want to do it because they say it's a hassle and they have been burned in the past such as buyer pulling out and then that dealer ended up with shipping costs back to the east coast dealer.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 AM
Docfeelgood
Intermediate

Originally Posted by redshift1
From another forum:

Quote Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post
Hey, I'm in CA as well and you're right about CA MSRP being in the stratosphere. I'm looking for a dealer who might accept courtesy delivery in LA/OC any ideas?

Just pickup the phone and call your local Chevy dealers. The one I am having delivered to is Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana for $500 Selman Chevrolet wanted $1000 and most dealers I talked don't want to do it because they say it's a hassle and they have been burned in the past such as buyer pulling out and then that dealer ended up with shipping costs back to the east coast dealer.

Okay thanks. Am thinking of doing this with the upcoming Z06.. A bit worried if the average dealer will be able to do a good predelivery prep/ inspection on this car...not to mention subsequent service visits.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Johneecatt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay thanks. Am thinking of doing this with the upcoming Z06.. A bit worried if the average dealer will be able to do a good predelivery prep/ inspection on this car...not to mention subsequent service visits.
I couldn't find one…. and with the smog test issues...
Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 AM
redshift1
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've followed the Chevy dealers in OC on yelp and the reviews are disappointing in both sales and service. Not sure what I'm going to do when the time comes.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

If you talk to large forum dealers, they normally can arrange it for you, so you don't have to deal with calling around. They have sent a ton out to CA, so get with them. Call MacMulkin.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Docfeelgood
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
If you talk to large forum dealers, they normally can arrange it for you, so you don't have to deal with calling around. They have sent a ton out to CA, so get with them. Call MacMulkin.
Thanks..will check with MacMulkin. I bought thru Buds last time around.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Vette_It_be
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Try Dellilo Chevrolet in Huntington Beach. I bought my C7 through MacMulkin and set up the courtesy delivery for $300.00 Ask for John Helkin. He'll set you up.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Cheech Wizard
Le Mans Master

Location: Orlando, Florida, MY Corvette is BEST Corvette because MID-ENGINE!
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

I would consider buying from Boardwalk in Redwood City, flying there and driving back.

Get notified of new replies

To Drop Shipments to Southern California

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drop Shipments to Southern California