Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Negative Long Term Review!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Negative Long Term Review!!!

I'm not sure if any of you saw this, but on a long term update on an Edmunds review, the reviewer seems to not like the C7 much on an extended road trip. Yes, Edmunds. The same clowns that reported the slowest acceleration times out of all the reviews, with a 1/4 mile time of 12.4 at 113mph. And also, the only guys who somehow reported a quicker 1/4 mile time in the Porsche 911 with a 12.1 at 115mph, while other reviews, even by the brits, all say the Vette accelerates quicker than the Porsche.

In case you can't tell, Edmunds reviews have always annoyed me lol.

Here's a link to the long term review:

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cor...-bromance.html
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

And it was such a great morning ....................
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

So the guy is a 911 lover...there are plenty of those.

I do like how people keep comparing a $65K car to a $125K+ car--I think that's a good thing.

Few points he makes:
-Hate the paddles. << Hate to burst his bubble 911 has them too.

-Hate the electronic door release. <<Is that the best complaint you have?

-Dislike Chevy's MyLink. << He's never driven a 911, I have, and the PCM (their interface) is 10 years behind in technology.

-Dislike the instrument panel. <<Huh? It's about the best out there.

-Dislike the ingress/exit. It's very low <<Have you tried getting out of a 911?

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-23-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's funny. If you check out the Edmunds videos, where they compare a number of sports car to the C7, the C7 wins all the time. They apparently love the Vette.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,966 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdevil77
the reviewer seems to not like the C7 much on an extended road trip.
The same way there will always be Vette guys who love them no matter what (yours truly), there will always be people who will hate it, just because its a Vette...no matter what.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think its too harsh a review. He did say most were nit picks... and aside from his not knowing how to get into the car, the others have been spoken of on this forum.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 AM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

edmunds does most (all?) of their performance and comparison testing in california where the highest pump gas octane you can normally get is 91, so their times will always be slower than in other states where you can get 93.

Last edited by senah; 02-23-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I did discover a design flaw and I have not even received my car, yet. The cabin door unlock cutout opening is smaller than the C6. I was looking at a coupe that was sold, I was taking great care and as I closed the door I held unto the door's edge and pinched my finger between the small cutout and the upper door edge. Boy did that hurt, my finger is still black and blue. I held unto the door with my C6 and never experienced pain before. Now I know. Kinda funny, now!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
And it was such a great morning ....................

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
That's funny. If you check out the Edmunds videos, where they compare a number of sports car to the C7, the C7 wins all the time. They apparently love the Vette.
Originally Posted by senah
edmunds does most (all?) of their performance and comparison testing in california where the highest pump gas octane you can normally get is 91, so their times will always be slower than in other states where you can get 93.
Their acceleration times are terrible. In their comparison between the Porsche 911 and C7 video, they record a 12.1 at 115 for the Porsche, which is a very fast time for the Porsche, faster than Motor Trend was able to get, and a 12.4 at 113 for the C7, which is quite a bit slower than all the other reviews. Motor Trend in their comparison test got a 12.3 at 114 for the Porsche and a 12.0 at 118 for the Vette. Why did the numbers flip flop so dramatically? Can't say it was the California gas on Edmunds part, because that would of negatively effected the Porsche the same way, yet the Porsche was even quicker in their comparison than the Motor Trend Comparison. Go figure Maybe the Edmunds driver simply can't drive? Their review is the only one indicative that the Porsche out accelerates the Vette, which contradicts every other review I have seen.

Last edited by Blackdevil77; 02-23-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:11 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,600 Likes on 6,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdevil77
I'm not sure if any of you saw this, but on a long term update on an Edmunds review, the reviewer seems to not like the C7 much on an extended road trip. Yes, Edmunds. The same clowns that reported the slowest acceleration times out of all the reviews, with a 1/4 mile time of 12.4 at 113mph. And also, the only guys who somehow reported a quicker 1/4 mile time in the Porsche 911 with a 12.1 at 115mph, while other reviews, even by the brits, all say the Vette accelerates quicker than the Porsche.

In case you can't tell, Edmunds reviews have always annoyed me lol.

Here's a link to the long term review:

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cor...-bromance.html
Funny, everything he didn’t like, I do! Have had many cars over the years and this is my 4th Vette, ’87, ’93, ’08 and the C7. This is by far the best.
1st: I like to sit pretty far back with the seat tilted back, can’t stand straight up in any car, rental etc. He likes straight up.
2nd: I prefer the 10-2 hand position and do not like 9-3, which he prefers. I know some don’t, but I also like the grip bumps on the wheel to keep my hands relaxed.
3rd: Regarding his comments about the dash, I mostly look at the head-up display which is great. However I also like being able to configure the extra gauges on the dash to what I want - lots of options. Love putting the tire temp in the center- need that for the Z51 tires in the winter, even in SC this year!
4th: Most important, I love the seats! Had to sell my wife’s Honda Accord after a year because the fixed lumbar support hurt my back on long trips, even with a cushion placed at the bottom. In fact I don’t think her Porsche Cayenne seats are all that great! Every time I drive it, I have to deflate the lumbar support since, even with my seat setting, it is inflated and hits me in the wrong spot. On a trip of any length I am always adjusting the seat position. Since I got the Vette in October I do not mess with the lumbar support control, it feels so good, don’t want to mess it up! Adjusted the side bolsters so they are perfect and I set the seat fairly high were the “complainer” claimed it was too high! Of the many cars I have owned, these seats, and the way they can be adjusted, are the best!

As he says at the end, to each his own!

Last edited by JerryU; 02-23-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:14 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,219 Likes on 409 Posts

The acceleration numbers can be debated, and the skill of the drivers can be questioned, but that wasn't the point of the article.

The writer acknowledged that GM did a great job with the C7, and that it was a fantastic car. He simply stated that he, subjectively, was more comfortable with the 911. He also said he personally enjoyed driving the 911 more than the C7. So?

As the C7 honeymoon period fades away, more writers will start picking at the car's shortcomings .. whatever they may be and however they may be perceived. This happens after the introduction of every new car, including every previous generation of Corvette.

I found the article interesting and a good read.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mecholova
I dont think its too harsh a review. He did say most were nit picks... and aside from his not knowing how to get into the car, the others have been spoken of on this forum.
It took me a few days to get used to getting in and out. When you have a fake knee it takes practice. 2 fakes and I don't know if it would work.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586

It took me a few days to get used to getting in and out. When you have a fake knee it takes practice. 2 fakes and I don't know if it would work.
I believe it. I wasn't commenting on his skill or whatever, just saying that the comments he made besides that one, have been brought up on the forum.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

I just read the review and my conclusion is that the author is a tool. You can't buy a decent 911 for $90K. You can just about get a fully loaded Cayman. The guy started out biased and looked for things to nitpick.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:29 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Please don't put me in the haters group but the rear end never did grow on me. Way to high in the rear. Sold the car for about what I paid Thanks to the Z51 option and the GM card credit. Had the car since oct 3 and being 6'5" the car was to tight inside. Remember back in sept there were no cars to sit in or drive. Great car for the money. Once these cars get on the road I would have taken a big hit in resale. I will say the crowds went nuts on this car just not me.

Last edited by 450hp mike9; 02-23-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Who gives a poop?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9
Please don't put me in the haters group but the rear end never did grow on me. Way to high in the rear. Sold the car for about what I paid Thanks to the Z51 option and the GM card credit. Had the car since oct 3 and being 6'5" the car was to tight inside. Great car for the money. Once these cars get on the road I would have taken a big hit in resale.
Sorry to hear that Mike. I know you were looking forward to it. Glad you recouped the money

Get notified of new replies

To Negative Long Term Review!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:33 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
So the guy is a 911 lover...there are plenty of those.

I do like how people keep comparing a $65K car to a $125K+ car--I think that's a good thing.

Few points he makes:
-Hate the paddles. << Hate to burst his bubble 911 has them too.

-Hate the electronic door release. <<Is that the best complaint you have?

-Dislike Chevy's MyLink. << He's never driven a 911, I have, and the PCM (their interface) is 10 years behind in technology.

-Dislike the instrument panel. <<Huh? It's about the best out there.

-Dislike the ingress/exit. It's very low <<Have you tried getting out of a 911?
As usual, another anti Detroit anything review from some snot nosed kid just out of journalism class at MI State .......
Old 02-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Originally Posted by StanNH
The acceleration numbers can be debated, and the skill of the drivers can be questioned, but that wasn't the point of the article.

The writer acknowledged that GM did a great job with the C7, and that it was a fantastic car. He simply stated that he, subjectively, was more comfortable with the 911. He also said he personally enjoyed driving the 911 more than the C7. So?

As the C7 honeymoon period fades away, more writers will start picking at the car's shortcomings .. whatever they may be and however they may be perceived. This happens after the introduction of every new car, including every previous generation of Corvette.

I found the article interesting and a good read.
I had to finagle the acceleration numbers in there somewhere, they always bothered me lol. The newness wearing off I can understand, I just felt, for some reason, that the author was being a bit biased.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9
Please don't put me in the haters group but the rear end never did grow on me. Way to high in the rear. Sold the car for about what I paid Thanks to the Z51 option and the GM card credit. Had the car since oct 3 and being 6'5" the car was to tight inside. Remember back in sept there were no cars to sit in or drive. Great car for the money. Once these cars get on the road I would have taken a big hit in resale. I will say the crowds went nuts on this car just not me.
Good thing you were able to recover all your money! That rarely happens

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Negative Long Term Review!!!