C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The C7Z06 is Really the New ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Default The C7Z06 is Really the New ZR1

So, I was at a trade show during the launch of the C7Z06, and I'm catching up on the news rather late. I was one of the purist who held out hope that the C7Z06 would remain a naturally aspirated, large displacement, manual only, fixed roof track bullet. My hopes are completely crushed.

I know this new car will be an animal, but can't see it weighing any less than the C6ZR1. I've never liked super chargers and turbos, but I fuss is you want to go fast in a C7 that's what you're going to have. With available automatic transmission, removable roof and a supercharger, this is not my car any more. The C6Z06 brought me to Corvette. I'm one of those newer generation buyers they so desperately need. In my view this car is trying to reach too many buyers. To many of us, this car doesn't even look that great. Aggressive, yes but Nissan GT-R is aggressive looking.

I don't know where I'm going from here.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:11 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad_AX
So, I was at a trade show during the launch of the C7Z06, and I'm catching up on the news rather late. I was one of the purist who held out hope that the C7Z06 would remain a naturally aspirated, large displacement, manual only, fixed roof track bullet. My hopes are completely crushed.

I know this new car will be an animal, but can't see it weighing any less than the C6ZR1. I've never liked super chargers and turbos, but I fuss is you want to go fast in a C7 that's what you're going to have. With available automatic transmission, removable roof and a supercharger, this is not my car any more. The C6Z06 brought me to Corvette. I'm one of those newer generation buyers they so desperately need. In my view this car is trying to reach too many buyers. To many of us, this car doesn't even look that great. Aggressive, yes but Nissan GT-R is aggressive looking.

I don't know where I'm going from here.
Patience, grasshopper.
The actual car is still about a year away. Adding auto trans and removeable roof only adds to broader appeal. GM need to sell lots of these things to keep the Corvette going into C8. Low sales numbers aren't gonna cut it. There is a new CEO who may or may not even like the Corvette and might kill it on a whim. So if the changes to the new Z sells more cars, so be it.
My only problem with an auto trans is that I can't use the excuse, " but, the Z only comes with a manual tanny".
Wife doesn't drive a stick.
And I ain't gonna teach her.

Last edited by RUBYREDVET; 01-19-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM
G352C6
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Get a viper and let the rest of us buy the Z06.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Caddylac10
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G352C6
Get a viper and let the rest of us buy the Z06.
I agree and I don't mean that sarcastically. The Viper can be had for big discounts right now. It's the closet thing to C6 Z you can get going forward. If I had to have an NA motor I'd jump on it. You'll get a dramatic car with a beautiful paint job and arguably the best NA motor on the market today. Plus, it will be rare.

Get notified of new replies

To The C7Z06 is Really the New ZR1

Quick Reply: The C7Z06 is Really the New ZR1