C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Nominate your C2 for Corvette of the Week!

Old 12-27-2013, 04:20 AM
CristinaIB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nominate your C2 for Corvette of the Week!

Hi everyone!

I want to try something new and see what cars you want featured as Corvette of the Week. This coming Friday we will be featuring a C2 on CorvetteForum. Please be sure to follow these guidelines as best you can:

• The Corvette needs to belong to a forum member.
• Share the story behind the Corvette or link to the thread or threads which contain the story. This can include anything from how long you were chasing the car and the love you feel, to the mods you’ve made.
• And last, but not least, WE NEED PHOTOS! The more the merrier. And the more well done, the more likely you are to capture our hearts and attention. In the interest of space, it would be best to link me to the thread or threads which contain the photos you wish to share, but you can share them here as well. Videos are also welcome, but not necessary.

I can't wait to see your submissions.

Ready...

Set...

Go!

Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default My quest to find my car started

While surfing a wave in Bali. I was sitting in the lineup and talking when a guy talked about a Barn Find that he had happened upon in Argentina. Thus the more he described it, I had to have it. It had been down there so long that it had been nicknamed the Mule! Thus I booked a flight after research with the NCRS and off I went. Thus I flew in and my luggage had been lost. Thus only the Corvette T-shirt I was wearing was the extent of my clothing for the trip. Thus after interviewing 5 taxi drivers, I finally found a guy that was from the region were the car had been stored and forgotten. Actually everyone from that province knew each other, and he gave me the name of the local guy-- Juan Manual Fangio. Thus after selling the T-shirt off of my back for cab fare, I proceeded to the deepest region of the Amazon rainforest (Argentina version) and there it was. Juan was very nice and after serving a round of the local homebrewed Beer/Tequila mix, we got down to the business of negotiating. As we opened up the deck lid, a Fer De Lance pit viper had curled up on the Fuel Injection unit, so I got an instant discounted price.
Thus I had to coordinate shipping back to the States, so I went to the local shipping outfit who helped secure it to the back of a bus headed to Mexico via Peru! Thus no problem and I even had a guy in TJ throw the pretty pearl blue paint job on it. But then I hit the US border and Customs! I had to pay import taxes and brides, but across we came, but with one complication-- at the secondary checkpoint they found 2 kilos and the car was impounded. Then GM got ahold of it and I have been in a legal battle over it, ever since and last was looking at my Barn Find up at Monterey in 2002. I am standing in the jeans and white T-shirt and my Father is in the picture in front of me in his Guldstrand GRA jacket.

Therefore I know some will make an issue about C2 etc., but that is only a slight technicality!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-02-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:59 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,263 Likes on 1,686 Posts

Any chance that each week's car "story" will be true is all gone now.....
Old 12-31-2013, 12:33 AM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

Back in 1974 at the ripe ole age of 19...I seen the car of my future car...an all stock L79 Sunfire Yellow Convertible Hardtop only...The couple had a For Sale sign on the front glass/phone number...I called latter that day or the next and found out how much they wanted...$1150.00 cash...After I found out the price I only had $500 cash and borrowed the other $650 from my parents, 'after a lot of begging and promising'...

I drove the car for about a year and lost the motor and as a young know it all I went and put a 350ci motor in it and gave up the 327ci for a core......I drove for awhile and parked it because I landed a job where the Vette was not practical.."can't hall lumber in the bed"......Then came marriage/kids/house...Did my own 'modifications to the car......When i did the restoration and took it to some local car shows...the Original Owner found me and he filled me on the history of the car...where it been and who he sold it to and why...He ended up in Vietnam.....He purchased the car here in town and the car is still in the same town...

This is what it looked like back in the day:

Looked like this when my kids helped me put the body on the frame:

Took the car back to same location...3 years later:

Here are some pictures:

Last edited by 66jack; 01-03-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:22 AM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by 65hihp
Old 01-02-2014, 03:19 PM
CristinaIB
Intermediate

I don't see how having the owner of a car tell you their story makes it untrue. If anything, as a writer, it increases the likelihood I will get the whole story instead of just the bits and pieces I can find in threads.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:22 PM
CristinaIB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
But then I hit the US border and Customs! I had to pay import taxes and brides, but across we came, but with one complication-- at the secondary checkpoint they found 2 kilos and the car was impounded. Then GM got ahold of it and I have been in a legal battle over it, ever since and last was looking at my Barn Find up at Monterey in 2002.
So you haven't seen your car since 2002? That's awful!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:25 PM
CristinaIB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 66jack
Back in 1974 at the ripe ole age of 19...I seen the car of my future car...an all stock L79 Sunfire Yellow Convertible Hardtop only...The couple had a For Sale sign on the front glass/phone number...I called latter that day or the next and found out how much they wanted...$1500.00 cash...After I found out the price I only had $600 cash and borrowed the other $1150 from my parents, 'after a lot of begging and promising'...
Excellent story and great looking car!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:32 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Cristina, bless your heart and I am not even religious!

Originally Posted by Cristina Chenievel
So you haven't seen your car since 2002? That's awful!
That was just a story for everyones entertainment if you get what I mean. It is not a story or car for nomination!!!!!

I must have been ""sleep typing"" a dream that I was having!! Best Wishes!

PS but the part about the snake was true and Juan!!!!!!!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-02-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:42 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,263 Likes on 1,686 Posts

I don't see how having the owner of a car tell you their story makes it untrue. If anything, as a writer, it increases the likelihood I will get the whole story instead of just the bits and pieces I can find in threads.
Cristina
if that is you in your avatar photo you look like a sweetheart, but please do not believe everything you are told, and most of what you read.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Hi everyone!

I want to try something new and see what cars you want featured as Corvette of the Week. This coming Friday we will be featuring a C2 on CorvetteForum. Please be sure to follow these guidelines as best you can:

• The Corvette needs to belong to a forum member.
• Share the story behind the Corvette or link to the thread or threads which contain the story. This can include anything from how long you were chasing the car and the love you feel, to the mods you’ve made.
• And last, but not least, WE NEED PHOTOS! The more the merrier. And the more well done, the more likely you are to capture our hearts and attention. In the interest of space, it would be best to link me to the thread or threads which contain the photos you wish to share, but you can share them here as well. Videos are also welcome, but not necessary.

I can't wait to see your submissions.

Ready...

Set...

Go!

Here's 90% of story with pictures. Where my Built To Be Driven Transgendered Baby has been and where she will be going is another story some of which can be found by searching if your interested....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...mod-build.html

Old 01-02-2014, 06:07 PM
CristinaIB
Intermediate

Cristina
if that is you in your avatar photo you look like a sweetheart, but please do not believe everything you are told, and most of what you read.
Don't judge a book by its cover!

That was just a story for everyones entertainment if you get what I mean. It is not a story or car for nomination!!!!!
Don't you worry. As entertaining as your story was, it was not under consideration for Corvette of the Week!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Yes but there is always next week and I do own a few cars!!!!!

Don't judge a book by its cover!

Don't you worry. As entertaining as your story was, it was not under consideration for Corvette of the Week!
Maybe I will tell the story of what happened with one car in Redondo Beach near the Portofino involving the FBI, two Bengal tigers, one dolphin, a Nurse and a hitman for my next entry!!!!!

Take Care, till the next nomination round!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-02-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:38 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Transgendered will probably have to be explained!!!!

Originally Posted by Poorhousenext
Here's 90% of story with pictures. Where my Built To Be Driven Transgendered Baby has been and where she will be going is another story some of which can be found by searching if your interested....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...mod-build.html

But even though confusion exists, it is a beautiful car!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
CristinaIB
Intermediate

Amazing!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

But even though confusion exists, it is a beautiful car!
If your confused by my "Transgendered" remark, it's based on comparsion of original design of C2's body, compared to Lydia's redesigned body.

The most male designed car body of all time is a C2/Midyear Corvette. Males are considered angular, Females are considered Curvaceous. Stock body is angles and straight lines. The body changes done to my 1964 coupe caused body's look to go from male to female.

Think of it this way if neither gender is overweight... Think of a man's shoulders as being at front wheel openings, waist at door handle and hips at rear wheel well openings.

Now look at the picture looking down on Lydia compare it to a stock body C2. Can you not see how feminine the body has become. You can see the change too when looking down the side of body to from front to back or front to back or back to front. Ladies are the ones that can see the change easiest...

By the way, the most used terms by people to describe car are, Beautifull, Georgous and Stunning. Would you call a Man "Beautifull, Georgeous, or Stunning?

Maybe this old "Full Figured Actress" will help you see why I call my C2 "Transgendered"...

Old 01-03-2014, 11:22 AM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Nominate your C2 for Corvette of the Week!

Old 01-03-2014, 11:44 AM
DIP51
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Winner

I don't have any fancy story about searching the jungle, or any good looking pinup modes to post. Just a pretty nice looking SWC that I found when I was searching for my "new" toy!!!

I had to sell a 63 Pro Street Falcon and a 71 NOM B/B Coupe, but I feel like it was WELL worth it!!!

Funny thing was...I searched all over New England and up-n-down the east coast. Found this, by accident, 5 minutes from work!!!

Last edited by DIP51; 01-03-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 PM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Yes everyone, I thought for a moment that I had this weeks nomination, a Lock!

If your confused by my "Transgendered" remark, it's based on comparsion of original design of C2's body, compared to Lydia's redesigned body.

The most male designed car body of all time is a C2/Midyear Corvette. Males are considered angular, Females are considered Curvaceous. Stock body is angles and straight lines. The body changes done to my 1964 coupe caused body's look to go from male to female.

Think of it this way if neither gender is overweight... Think of a man's shoulders as being at front wheel openings, waist at door handle and hips at rear wheel well openings.

Now look at the picture looking down on Lydia compare it to a stock body C2. Can you not see how feminine the body has become. You can see the change too when looking down the side of body to from front to back or front to back or back to front. Ladies are the ones that can see the change easiest...

By the way, the most used terms by people to describe car are, Beautifull, Georgous and Stunning. Would you call a Man "Beautifull, Georgeous, or Stunning?

Maybe this old "Full Figured Actress" will help you see why I call my C2 "Transgendered"...

Maybe she is related to that Simon Cowell or similar. Thus I think the Corvette NCRS and Corvette Bloomington Gold people need Cristina on the judging panel.

As far as the curves, something was drawing my eye, and that car is truly voluptuous!!!!!! And so was Sophia! By chance you didn't name your car Sophia by chance??????? Well I thought the explanation was going to be C7 generation chassis on C2 lines and such, so it has now been explained to me. Very tastefully done car. PS so far as far as the cars so far that have been posted up, not one dog yet in the lot, except for my MULE!

I was surprised that no one wanted to hear the Redondo Beach Story, but I will save that for another day. Thus I am returning to the jungle. Later!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-03-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nominate your C2 for Corvette of the Week!