C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 kooks headers and mp-112 supercharger.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default C6 kooks headers and mp-112 supercharger.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I just recently bought a 06 C6. I'm buying a magnuson mp-112 supercharger and also a set of kooks long tube headers. I'm wondering if I can put them both on the same time and just do the tune once or do I have to put them on separately and tune separately. If that's the case which order should I go with. Also she already has the corsa exhaust with x pipe. Thanks guys any feed back will be much appreciated.

Last edited by C6vettegfw; 12-23-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:42 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

install everything at once and tune it once. where are you located?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:43 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
Always best to do all the mods at once so you only need to tune it once
Old 12-23-2013, 11:33 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually from Canada, the province of Newfoundland. We don't have a tune shop here so would magnuson be able to do the tune themselves after the install. I guess I would have to tell them all the additional mods as we'll right??
Old 12-23-2013, 11:34 PM
vettekid05
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Get the tvs2300 heartbeat
Old 12-23-2013, 11:36 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by peter pan
Always best to do all the mods at once so you only need to tune it once
Just a another quick question. What kind of rwhp and what kind of crank horse power numbers should I expect with this setup??
Old 12-24-2013, 12:34 AM
ZR1-ab
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Hp

Originally Posted by c6vettegfw
just a another quick question. What kind of rwhp and what kind of crank horse power numbers should i expect with this setup??
505 hp
Old 12-24-2013, 09:29 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

The 112 is a very small supercharger. If you're deadest on getting a pd blower, get the tvs-2300
Old 12-25-2013, 01:58 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Hi bud. We'll what's the big differences between the mp-112 and the tvs 2300???
Old 12-25-2013, 09:43 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by C6vettegfw
Hi bud. We'll what's the big differences between the mp-112 and the tvs 2300???
Bigger/more efficient blower. Better intercooler system. If you're good with 500rwhp, the 112 is not a bad way to go. The TVS2300 can do 650 to 700 at the wheels without breathing hard
Old 12-25-2013, 10:42 AM
ButWhatDoIKnow
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds cool!

Keep us posted with the build. Can you supply us with before/after times?
Old 12-25-2013, 02:17 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I just recently bought a 06 C6. I'm buying a Magnuson mp-112 supercharger and also a set of kooks long tube headers. I'm wondering if I can put them both on the same time and just do the tune once or do I have to put them on separately and tune separately. If that's the case which order should I go with. Also she already has the Corsa exhaust with x pipe. Thanks guys any feed back will be much appreciated.
I have that set up. I only got 478 rear wheel hp at 7 lbs. boost.

I already had my LT headers, but Lingenfelter installed the M112. Don't forget, the "Maggie" will not fit under the stock hood; you will need a high rise hood.

Does your Magnuson M112 kit come with a Ken Belle boost-a-pump, bigger fuel injectors, bigger serpentine belt, expansion tank, 60 degree thermostat, etc? The power steering reserve was relocated to passenger side of the engine. Here's how it looks in mine.

Don't forget other gauges: I have a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge.
[/URL]
Old 12-26-2013, 06:01 AM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Originally Posted by 2vettes
I have that set up. I only got 478 rear wheel hp at 7 lbs. boost.

I already had my LT headers, but Lingenfelter installed the M112. Don't forget, the "Maggie" will not fit under the stock hood; you will need a high rise hood.

Does your Magnuson M112 kit come with a Ken Belle boost-a-pump, bigger fuel injectors, bigger serpentine belt, expansion tank, 60 degree thermostat, etc? The power steering reserve was relocated to passenger side of the engine. Here's how it looks in mine.

Don't forget other gauges: I have a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge.
[/URL]
I have no idea my friend I was just going to buy the mp-112 kit directly from magnuson. So whatever comes with that kit I'll have. Haven't bought it yet. Nice pics though. All I know is that they said everything I need is included with the kit.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

I'd buy an MP112 only if I could get it for less than half the price of a TVS2300.....and then I wouldn't buy it if I EVER wanted more than 500rwhp. I don't know what the price difference is, but I'd sell a kidney, rob the kid's college fund, sell the wife's jewelry...well, you get the picture.

Then there's that new hood thing. With paint, cost of the hood, freight, and aggravation factor, that can get pricey too. An Edelbrock EForce or Magnuson Heartbeat will fit under your stock hood. You'd have to swap to LS3 heads to get the Heartbeat to work. Swap to LS3 heads is still cheaper than a hood swap. Some of the aftermarket hoods look hideous and don't fit well either. Just a few things to think about
Old 12-26-2013, 08:48 AM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

I have no idea my friend I was just going to buy the mp-112 kit directly from Magnuson. So whatever comes with that kit I'll have. Haven't bought it yet. Nice pics though. All I know is that they said everything I need is included with the kit.
If you're buying direct from Magnuson you'll be fine; they have a great reputation. I just looked online at their kit specs and you get everything you need for the supercharger. You will still need a hi-rise hood; you can verify that with them.

Best wishes.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:11 AM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I'd buy an MP112 only if I could get it for less than half the price of a TVS2300.....and then I wouldn't buy it if I EVER wanted more than 500rwhp. I don't know what the price difference is, but I'd sell a kidney, rob the kid's college fund, sell the wife's jewelry...well, you get the picture.

Then there's that new hood thing. With paint, cost of the hood, freight, and aggravation factor, that can get pricey too. An Edelbrock EForce or Magnuson Heartbeat will fit under your stock hood. You'd have to swap to LS3 heads to get the Heartbeat to work. Swap to LS3 heads is still cheaper than a hood swap. Some of the aftermarket hoods look hideous and don't fit well either. Just a few things to think about
These supercharger systems are designed to retain factory-like drivability and reliability. Could it be tweaked for more boost and hp? Sure it can. Just remember, the strain on your car's components increases as you add and actually use the increased hp and torque. Then, you're into stronger clutches, suspensions, rear ends, etc.

Did you see the thread this past week by the guy who blew his engine at the track? That gets really expensive!

I knew that there were more powerful superchargers when I opted for the M112 over 5 years ago. Was I going to use the extra power? The TVS superchargers weren't out yet, but there was the M122; it had more hp, but all of the increased torque would have been at the high end where I probably wouldn't find it as useful.

I've been running the M112 for just over 5 years, and have over 50k miles since its installation. No problems and no maintenance required yet.

As is, mine has a lot power than stock and is still very streetable. I've asked numerous people who have commented on my system if they've ever driven one like mine? or if they're just impressed by big numbers for bigger bragging rights? There's no right or wrong answer, you do what's good for you.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:01 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 2vettes
These supercharger systems are designed to retain factory-like drivability and reliability. Could it be tweaked for more boost and hp? Sure it can. Just remember, the strain on your car's components increases as you add and actually use the increased hp and torque. Then, you're into stronger clutches, suspensions, rear ends, etc.

Did you see the thread this past week by the guy who blew his engine at the track? That gets really expensive!

I knew that there were more powerful superchargers when I opted for the M112 over 5 years ago. Was I going to use the extra power? The TVS superchargers weren't out yet, but there was the M122; it had more hp, but all of the increased torque would have been at the high end where I probably wouldn't find it as useful.

I've been running the M112 for just over 5 years, and have over 50k miles since its installation. No problems and no maintenance required yet.

As is, mine has a lot power than stock and is still very streetable. I've asked numerous people who have commented on my system if they've ever driven one like mine? or if they're just impressed by big numbers for bigger bragging rights? There's no right or wrong answer, you do what's good for you.
The TVS2300 will do everything the MP112 will do and run cooler and return more power per lb of boost. The base unit will get you probably in the neighborhood of 500rwhp. If you like it there, leave it there. If you want more, it's a pulley swap away. Buying old technology for a few hundred less than current stuff is just backwards thinking. Nothing "wrong" with an MP112....there's just better available for just a few dollars more. If you ever have to get rid of your charger or sell your car, you'll get that little extra back + some.

I'd do a little shopping before buying direct from Magnuson. PM me for details. The guy I use isn't a forum sponsor. I'd bet he can get you into a TVS for what Magnuson wants for an MP112. Or an Edelbrock EForce would be a good, no hood required, option. That's really a no brainer.

Last edited by old motorhead; 12-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:40 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 959 Likes on 571 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Don't get all caught up in the bigger blower hype. I had a MP112 on my C5 and it ran great. You will need a new hood to clear the supercharger. Once you get over 450-500 crank horsepower, hooking up from a dead stop becomes impossible anyways. I was making 570hp at the crank with a MP112 in my C5, and it was pretty damn fast!
Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 kooks headers and mp-112 supercharger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 kooks headers and mp-112 supercharger.