Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix next March

Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 PM
MikeK
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix next March

I have a refundable deposit with a large Michigan forum dealer that I have ordered Corvettes from in the past. I expect that order to be placed next month for delivery probably in March/April (meets my schedule for a 2014 order and just worked out with the dealers ordering sequence). Since I have moved from Salt Lake City in the past year (retired), my concern is who to possibly have him approach about a Courtesy Delivery. I have been observing the problems that many of you have had with dealers down here....Courtesy, Sands, Thorobred, etc. and am wondering if any of you members might suggest some trustworthy dealers in the Phoenix area to mention to my ordering dealer. As a last resort, I am prepared to have him take delivery, inspect and PDI and ship it to my home.

Thanking you all in advance for any assistance.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 PM
drbru001
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Im having my courtesy deliver done at Courtesy Chevy on Camelback. What problems did you hear Courtesy was creating or causing? Thanks for the tip Mike!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:08 AM
BIg Wash AZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most courteous

You bought your car from Stanford and want another dealer to deliver it. We did too. Twice. So finding someone who is truly courteous is the challenge. Courtesy delivery is optional with any dealer. Some will some won't. Think about where you'll take it for service. Geography might dictate this. They will make money on the service drive so it is an angle. Visit with the service manager to enlist his support.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Balthazar_B
Instructor

Mike, there are plenty of online reviews of Valley dealers -- granted, some of them are probably fake, both positive and negative. FWIW, I stopped by Thorobred yesterday, since they sell more Corvettes by far than anybody in the area, so I would guess their service/repair operation at least is more experienced than anybody else's (their annual allocation is about 50, apparently, while some other local dealers will get no more than 4 or 5). They happened to have a couple on the premises -- both sold -- a CG 2LT coupe and a TR 3LT convertible. First C7s I've seen in Phoenix (which begs the question why there are so few Corvettes in the Valley...I would have thought here as well as southern California would be Corvette heaven...anyway...). Beautiful cars.

Last edited by Balthazar_B; 12-15-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:32 AM
MikeK
Racer

Originally Posted by BIg Wash AZ
You bought your car from Stanford and want another dealer to deliver it. We did too. Twice. So finding someone who is truly courteous is the challenge. Courtesy delivery is optional with any dealer. Some will some won't. Think about where you'll take it for service. Geography might dictate this. They will make money on the service drive so it is an angle. Visit with the service manager to enlist his support.
Thanks, BIg Wash AZ. The closest to me is AutonationArrowhead, however, they do have some allocations and may not be willing to do a CD. I'm most leery of stores that will go after pricing over MSRP. I had two good dealers in Salt Lake that, as a rule, would never charge over MSRP. They both had accepted CD's and I subsequently bought several cars from each. This will be the 3rd from my Michigan dealer and my 7th Vette. I'll let my dealer make the calls, I only want to know the better ones that I can trust w/maintenance as well as delivery.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:42 AM
MikeK
Racer

Originally Posted by Balthazar_B
Mike, there are plenty of online reviews of Valley dealers -- granted, some of them are probably fake, both positive and negative. FWIW, I stopped by Thorobred yesterday, since they sell more Corvettes by far than anybody in the area, so I would guess their service/repair operation at least is more experienced than anybody
else's (their annual allocation is about 50, apparently, while some other local dealers will get no more than 4 or 5). They happened to have a couple on the premises -- both sold -- a CG 2LT coupe and a TR 3LT convertible. First C7s I've seen in Phoenix (which begs the question why there are so few Corvettes in the Valley...I would have thought here as well as southern California would be Corvette heaven...anyway...). Beautiful cars.
Thanks Balthazar_B. Thorobred is about a 40 minute drive from me and appears to be one of the larger area dealers of Vettes. My Michigan dealer gets some 50+ each month and I have purchased 2 from them in the past. They will never charge over MSRP as a company rule, unlike some of the locals. I'm concerned today most about build quality and want a local that may need to go to bat for me w/GM. Such is life w/first year cars which is another reason I've waited until at least 10K have been built.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Balthazar_B
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeK
Thanks Balthazar_B. Thorobred is about a 40 minute drive from me and appears to be one of the larger area dealers of Vettes. My Michigan dealer gets some 50+ each month and I have purchased 2 from them in the past. They will never charge over MSRP as a company rule, unlike some of the locals. I'm concerned today most about build quality and want a local that may need to go to bat for me w/GM. Such is life w/first year cars which is another reason I've waited until at least 10K have been built.
FWIW, Thorobred told me that their factory orders were never over MSRP. I didn't ask about models on the floor, but if true for those as well, that's decent for a local dealer west of the Mississippi. I have no idea how good their service department or customer advocacy is, but there are at least a half-dozen folks active in the forum who live in Phoenix or nearby, and I'm sure they have opinions and anecdotes.

If they're without dealer ensnarements and conflicts of interest, you might find reaching out to some of these resources illuminating as well: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...b-listing.html

Last edited by Balthazar_B; 12-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:16 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Some Phoenix dealers discussed in here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...enix-area.html

Might also try asking in the Southwest Regional Forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix next March

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Courtesy Delivery in Phoenix next March