Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From anticipated gloom to sheer delight, C7 museum delivery

Old 12-14-2013, 10:40 PM
vadams44
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default From anticipated gloom to sheer delight, C7 museum delivery

This will be a long post and I will say up front, no pics as of now. Will post some later.
Ordered my C7 Arctic White convertible, black interior/top, auto, red calipers, NPP, Nav, 2LT interior, museum delivery on August 31. Produced Nov 18 and picked up in BG Thursday 12/12/13. With all the complaints from folks on the Forum< I went there thinking I had spent $68,000 for the biggest piece of automotive machinery crap ever produced--and the worst Corvette ever! Heard all about the mirror blind spots, uncomfortable seats, black exhaust "stuff" getting on the exhaust extensions so bad that it had to be constantly wiped off, extensive brake dust on the wheels, dirt getting on the back of the car so bad it had to be washed every time you drove it, luminescent problem at dusk/dawn on dashboard lighting, steering wheel uncomfortable and too small, road noise, orange peel in finish, NPP too loud to carry on an in-car conversation, etc., etc., blah, blah blah. Was dreading the ride home in my new Vette figuring I would be the laughingstock of the highway.
WELL, what do you know? Had a WONDERFUL experience in the Museum delivery-well worth every penny spent for this. Staff was great, my delivery team member Jim was a pure delight. The factory tour was unbelievable. Was treated like royalty. Every phase of this was one great day. But, I hadn't driven the car yet and I was scared. LOL!
To sum up all the fear mongers and complainers out there, horses***!!
The car was all it was supposed to be and then some. I had NONE of the above issues experienced in the 600 mile ride home. Zero, nada, zilch. The car is a beautiful piece of machinery, well -designed and a powerful sports car. Came from BG back to Raleigh, NC. From another forum member, was told of a route that kept me off the interstates and was some great driving roads that would help "break in" the car. From Bristol, TN to Boone, NC, you take US 421 and there is an area on the road called the Snake. A 33 mile, 489 curve road up two mountains and thru the valleys. What a great handling car for that experience. Had to stop twice and let my wife clean out her pants, but other than that, no issues!
Again, just can't say enough about this vehicle. It was a great experience from the day purchased at Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC, to the constant updates they gave me about the car's production, to the museum delivery, to the super ride home--thank you to all involved. Sorry for those who have had "problems" but do not understand what all the fuss is about. Hope ya'll can get past your disappointments and enjoy your ride. I know I will.
Save the wave!
Oh, and would be remiss to not thank several forum members who have been in touch with me answering my questions and giving helpful hints. Thanks Glen E, CaryKen, Talon 90, C7VY.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:01 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Jbal
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Wish you the Best!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:14 PM
ta70raiii
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 114 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran

Congrats and enjoy!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 02:29 AM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I left a very large amount of rubber dust and tire chunks in that 33 mile stretch of road known as The Snake on the way from Bowling Green back to Charlotte. When I arrived in Charlotte with only 400 miles on my new C7, the shoulders of the tires were rounded off and the people at my local dealership wondered where the hell I had been.

Like you, I have had no problems whatsoever, now being at the 3200 mile mark. My car has been essentially flawless and is truly one of the best engineered, well-designed and all around fun cars to drive that I have ever owned...and I have owned a lot of sports cars.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by ta70raiii
Congrats and enjoy!!!

Congrats
Old 12-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Congrats on your new C7, enjoy!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Thanks very much for this post. I'm really looking forward to my first Vette purchase and Museum delivery based on this and others who have described the experience.

Can't wait!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:33 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

I agree! Thanks for the great post.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:52 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

You can't always believe what you read. I never heard of the black exhaust, brake dust, uncomfortable steering wheel, NPP too loud,and dirt on the azz end every time you drive it. I drive mine daily. I have had no problems with any of these things. Orange peel I have, but it isn't bad enough to bitch.

Last edited by SRQStingray; 12-15-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Congratulations and great write up too.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Minnesota122001
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on your car. I couldn't have said it better. The experience with the BG Museum delivery is amazing. And the car is truly Magical!! Every time we take it out people are talking bout it, thumbs up, big waves, pictures and more. And I truly believe that the car is Magical!! What a treat to drive.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by vadams44
This will be a long post and I will say up front, no pics as of now. Will post some later.
Ordered my C7 Arctic White convertible, black interior/top, auto, red calipers, NPP, Nav, 2LT interior, museum delivery on August 31. Produced Nov 18 and picked up in BG Thursday 12/12/13. With all the complaints from folks on the Forum< I went there thinking I had spent $68,000 for the biggest piece of automotive machinery crap ever produced--and the worst Corvette ever! Heard all about the mirror blind spots, uncomfortable seats, black exhaust "stuff" getting on the exhaust extensions so bad that it had to be constantly wiped off, extensive brake dust on the wheels, dirt getting on the back of the car so bad it had to be washed every time you drove it, luminescent problem at dusk/dawn on dashboard lighting, steering wheel uncomfortable and too small, road noise, orange peel in finish, NPP too loud to carry on an in-car conversation, etc., etc., blah, blah blah. Was dreading the ride home in my new Vette figuring I would be the laughingstock of the highway.
WELL, what do you know? Had a WONDERFUL experience in the Museum delivery-well worth every penny spent for this. Staff was great, my delivery team member Jim was a pure delight. The factory tour was unbelievable. Was treated like royalty. Every phase of this was one great day. But, I hadn't driven the car yet and I was scared. LOL!
To sum up all the fear mongers and complainers out there, horses***!!
The car was all it was supposed to be and then some. I had NONE of the above issues experienced in the 600 mile ride home. Zero, nada, zilch. The car is a beautiful piece of machinery, well -designed and a powerful sports car. Came from BG back to Raleigh, NC. From another forum member, was told of a route that kept me off the interstates and was some great driving roads that would help "break in" the car. From Bristol, TN to Boone, NC, you take US 421 and there is an area on the road called the Snake. A 33 mile, 489 curve road up two mountains and thru the valleys. What a great handling car for that experience. Had to stop twice and let my wife clean out her pants, but other than that, no issues!
Again, just can't say enough about this vehicle. It was a great experience from the day purchased at Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC, to the constant updates they gave me about the car's production, to the museum delivery, to the super ride home--thank you to all involved. Sorry for those who have had "problems" but do not understand what all the fuss is about. Hope ya'll can get past your disappointments and enjoy your ride. I know I will.
Save the wave!
Oh, and would be remiss to not thank several forum members who have been in touch with me answering my questions and giving helpful hints. Thanks Glen E, CaryKen, Talon 90, C7VY.
vadams44,

Congrats on your C7 delivery! Glad to hear about the awesome experience. Any compliments received?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-15-2013, 04:07 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Congratulations

Most people will write about issues they have on forums, very few will write about there perfect car. Maybe it's because they don't want to jinx themselves.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:44 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

As one wise member once stated on this forum...

"You hear about planes crashing more than you hear about planes landing"

Enjoy that C7
Old 12-15-2013, 04:49 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Picked mine up the day before you. Drove it back to Phoenix. 1,808 miles of smiles!! Totally agree with all your sentiments!

Get notified of new replies

To From anticipated gloom to sheer delight, C7 museum delivery

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: From anticipated gloom to sheer delight, C7 museum delivery