Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd

Old 12-12-2013, 08:36 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd

I am surprised seeing some of the negative comments on this forum.I have been fortunate to own numerous corvettes including 2 c6z06s and a c6 convertible. the c7 z51 m7 that I recently purchased is light years ahead of all previous corvette generations. I highly recommend anyone drive one before making any decisions about the car. the overall torgue, ride, handling,smoothness,easy to drive as DD, easy to drive fast. I enjoy this car more than all previous corvettes, Shelby gt500s, porsche 911s,BMW m3s,and vipers I have owned. I challenge anyone who is own the fence or criticizing this c7 to go drive one. Sorry for the rant, sometimes I have a hard time believing this is really a 'corvette' forum.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:04 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

I don't understand the reason for your rant. It is a new model and should be better than the previous generations. But it definitely has had some teething pains and that is some of the negative comments you could be reading. If you have a trouble free car with good build quality then you have every right to be happy. However those that have issues with paint, panel fit, ediff problems, etc have every right to complain about these issues after laying out that kind of money.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:12 PM
DBOTHEBOSS
Instructor

beauty in the eye of the beholder. I love my C5Z to death. I also love this C7 and won't argue that it is "lightyears ahead." oh my car. That being said, the C7 isn't my C5Z. In my opinion, the c7 is a very close second to my C5Z.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:12 PM
canyon vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrubicon
I am surprised seeing some of the negative comments on this forum.I have been fortunate to own numerous corvettes including 2 c6z06s and a c6 convertible. the c7 z51 m7 that I recently purchased is light years ahead of all previous corvette generations. I highly recommend anyone drive one before making any decisions about the car. the overall torgue, ride, handling,smoothness,easy to drive as DD, easy to drive fast. I enjoy this car more than all previous corvettes, Shelby gt500s, porsche 911s,BMW m3s,and vipers I have owned. I challenge anyone who is own the fence or criticizing this c7 to go drive one. Sorry for the rant, sometimes I have a hard time believing this is really a 'corvette' forum.
TOTALLY!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:23 PM
RMcoolX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't seem that many LS3 C6 owners have migrated to the C7 yet, so I really appreciate when we can get an honest and in-depth opinion from one that has. I have yet to sit in a C7, much less drive one, but every time I get out of my C6 it's hard to imagine that there is anything greater.

I hope that I feel as you do when I do decide to go test drive one, which won't be until I'm seriously ready to consider purchasing. It certainly won't be the looks that pulls me from my C6, but I hope to be so amazed by the performance and technology that I happily trade my way into a C7.

Enjoy your ride!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:25 PM
loyalsince72
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default My c7 is awesome too!

I'M WITH YOU!!! I know that nothing is perfect. Some folks have some serious problems, and I feel terrible for them. But I took delivery at the Museum on Monday (VIN 7845), I drove the car home to Arizona, and now have almost 1,900 miles on it. IT'S AMAZING. My C6s were great cars (2005, 2007 and 2008), but they DID NOT COMPARE to this one. I am in love like I haven't been when I bought my first Corvette: a 1972 roadster that I STILL HAVE, 41 years and 70,000 later.

Ignore the naysayers. There are "Debbie Downer's" everywhere. Don't let them harsh your mellow. Enjoy your car and love it like I love mine.

Guys like b4i4getit would complain if they were hung with a new rope!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 PM
riverway
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great post I was so impressed with the C7 at Amelia Island last year, I sold my beloved C6 without even driving the C7, and the more I hear, the more I am looking forward to the 2015 build year...
Old 12-12-2013, 11:33 PM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Seems like we've been inundated by some C5 and C6 owners, who, for a variety of reasons, enjoy poop stirring.
They can't seem to accept the fact that Chevrolet has raised the bar that much higher with the C7.
Never mind their small-minded negativity and enjoy the best Corvette ever.

Last edited by C7GrandSport; 12-12-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:46 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just don't put the car too high on that pedestal. You know what
will happen. How many cars have been the reviewers darling.
Only to become a year or so later pushed to the back corner.

Do not see the C7 have near the life span of a C5 or C6.
With so many design clues noticed on many other brands,
gm will have to up model changes quicker than before.

Look how early in game and discounts starting. Inventory
a little higher than demand for base. In a year going to be
just like the C6, lines of them sitting on chevy lots.

Owners are just pointing out problem facts on there cars. They
should not have too
Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by SilverDevil

Seems like we've been inundated by some C5 and C6 owners, who, for a variety of reasons, enjoy poop stirring.
They can't seem to accept the fact that Chevrolet has raised the bar that much higher with the C7.
Never mind their small-minded negativity and enjoy the best Corvette ever.
I don't think C5 owners really care, it's been 10 years since the last one rolled off the line, they are over whatever issues come with owing a previous gen, IMO it's all the butthurt C6 owners that are doing all the moaning. I loved both my C5's and will love my C7 and never had any desire to own a base C6.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:51 PM
FrancisDGarcia
Racer

I traded my 2011 A6 Base Coupe C6 for an A6 Z51 C7. Below is a list of differences I can think of right now. Hope they help...

1. C7 seats are by far more comfortable. My wife even agrees with me.
2. Automatic and manual shifting up and down much smoother on the C7
3. Interior is of course much better on the C7
4. Including the Instrument panel
5. C7 Roof much easier to remove and mount because of the much lighter weight
6. I like the electronic parking brake of the C7 better that the traditional C6 parking brake
7. Closing the C7 hatch sucks. I miss the C6 electronic hatch closing mechanism
8. C7 feels quicker when I step on the gas pedal from low speed.
9. XM radio on the C7 seems more impervious to signal loss from tall buildings, huge and thick trees, and tunnels compared to the one on my C6
10. Fitment and paint, although not perfect on my C7, is still way better than on my C6
11. The gas pedal on the C7 is hinged on the floor board and feels more natural compared to the one on the C6
12. Blind spots on the C7 worse that on the C6. Adjusting the side mirrors properly, however, totally fixed the problem. Now, I don't have any issues with them at all except when I backing up. Using the rear view camera helps a great deal once you get used to it.
13. Steering on the C7 is way better than on the C6.
14. The console compartment between the seats on the C7 does not get hot and melt my protein bars like my C6 did.
15. the C7 has an additional compartment behind the infotainment screen where you can stash more stuff like your wallet, mints, tissues, etc...
16. The C7 frameless rearview mirror looks way cooler than the one on my C6
Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 AM
besz28
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with guys like you basically saying all previous year corvettes are crap. And who cares about your previous cars...little man
Old 12-13-2013, 12:11 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Originally Posted by besz28
I agree with guys like you basically saying all previous year corvettes are crap. And who cares about your previous cars...little man
Having owned C2/C3/C4/C5/C6, I loved them all. But I have to agree with OP that C7 is light years ahead. That does not make the older ones "crap" however.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:16 AM
girardta
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Priceless

This afternoon I'm in the bank making a deposit when I hear a loud voice from my right: "So I want to know who has that red Corvette parked in front!"

Car: $65,000
Reaction: Priceless
Old 12-13-2013, 12:28 AM
FrancisDGarcia
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverDevil
Having owned C2/C3/C4/C5/C6, I loved them all. But I have to agree with OP that C7 is light years ahead. That does not make the older ones "crap" however.

The C2 is my favorite. The C6 comes third just behind the C7.
After that, it's all a toss up. I love them all.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:54 AM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Originally Posted by FrancisDGarcia

The C2 is my favorite. The C6 comes third just behind the C7.
After that, it's all a toss up. I love them all.
That's why, with a 2 car garage, I choose to have a C2 and a C7. To me, the best of old and new.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:43 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I have to disagree I like the c7 but I think the best corvette ever made is the 1967 427.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd

Old 12-13-2013, 05:13 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

What makes it "light years ahead"?

I remember the build quality and engineering was profoundly better from C4 to C5. In my experience the C5 Z06 to C6 Z06 was marginally better in objective quality like 10-15% or so, until you got on a on a track, then the differences where far more apparent.

What exactly is the big difference with the new platform? Did you track your C6 Z06s? Have you tracked your C7 and noticed a difference?
Old 12-13-2013, 05:30 AM
55thunder
Instructor

After owning a 2LT '08, '09 z-06, and a '10 3ZR, I can't wait to pick my TR 2LT-Z51 up on Jan 2nd, pretty stoked to put some miles on it!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:49 AM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

In my view, I appreciate every generation of the Corvette.
And I've owned nearly every generation starting with the C2.
It's in my plans to add a C7 to my lifetime Corvette experiences.

The C7 is another nice vette, but light years ahead?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 best corvette to date there is in not a close 2nd