C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need photo showing AC bracket mounting point

Old 11-02-2013, 10:51 AM
RonBrooksGA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need photo showing AC bracket mounting point

If anyone can email me a photo showing where their AC compressor mounts to a '94 Corvette's LT1 I would GREATLY appreciate it. This is a silly request but since my LT1 has been installed in a different car, I don't have any reference point. I've searched the internet but the diagram's and photos I find are all a bit different. I just need to see where the stock mounting point is and then I can get to work seeing how much custom hose work I need to have done.

Thanks!
Ron Brooks
RonBrooksGA@yahoo.com
Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by RonBrooksGA
If anyone can email me a photo showing where their AC compressor mounts to a '94 Corvette's LT1 I would GREATLY appreciate it. This is a silly request but since my LT1 has been installed in a different car, I don't have any reference point. I've searched the internet but the diagram's and photos I find are all a bit different. I just need to see where the stock mounting point is and then I can get to work seeing how much custom hose work I need to have done.

Thanks!
Ron Brooks
RonBrooksGA@yahoo.com
Do you feel you've got the correct mounting hardware? That would be brackets and hardware. It's pretty straight forward if you have the correct alternator/compressor mounting bracket, 1 aluminum bracket and a combination of 4 braces for the alternator and the compressor. The compressor has only two braces. What is the number cast into your aluminum primary bracket.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
RonBrooksGA
Advanced

I don't have the mounting bracket. My LT1 was removed from a '94 Corvette and is installed in a 1995 Porsche 968 and I want to switch over to the GM compressor. The dope who did the conversion on my car used a Porsche 944 compressor which is way more expensive, and designed for 12a refrigerant. Why they didn't use the Porsche 968 compressor which was meant for 134a I don't know. I have plenty of clearance to accommodate the GM compressor as far as I can see but I don't know where the mounting bracket actually mounts to the engine block. Some photos show mid on passenger side, others show high on passenger side and some show low on driver's side. Yet all the photos claim to show where it mounts on a '94 LT1 installed in a base Corvette. That's why I asked for a photo from someone.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Here's an image of the compressor/alternator mount in a stock configuration.

I meant to include this one single post to check also and forgot. You shouldn't need but here it is anyway. Post up some snapshots of your install.

http://images.whisystems.com/smartpa.../SC6_FRONT.JPG

Last edited by WVZR-1; 11-02-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:47 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Front drive Corvette LT1 - The compressor is missing but this is a front-drive for LT1.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:20 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RonBrooksGA
Some photos show mid on passenger side, others show high on passenger side and some show low on driver's side.
Yet all the photos claim to show where it mounts on a '94 LT1 installed in a base Corvette.
As noted , the Vette only had the high mount , drv side compressor

Old 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM
RonBrooksGA
Advanced

That's what I was afraid of. In my installation the alternator is on the passenger side and the compressor is mounted low on the driver's side. I will take a picture and figure out how to post it here. A simple cut and paste doesn't seem to work.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:56 PM
csthews
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

This post contains more pictures of an LT1 engine without either the alternator or compressor, but you can use this with the other pics to see exactly how it is mounted.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...-for-96-a.html
Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

The F-body alternator and a/c compressor or both placed on the right side of the engine, with the a/c compressor mounted low.

Get notified of new replies

To Need photo showing AC bracket mounting point

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need photo showing AC bracket mounting point