Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Rick Conti!

Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Thank You Rick Conti!

Okay, here is perhaps, what has become an increasingly sad theme in recent posts to this forum.

In Sept. 2013, after trying to place an order for a 2014 Corvette at 4 local Chevrolet dealers, in Northern California, who, did not have any "allocations" for the 2014 Corvette, I finally was able to place an order with a Chevrolet dealer in the Bay area. I was told this dealer did have "allocations" for the 2014 Corvette. Order placed,and deposit given to dealer. Within 3 days, dealer E-Mailed me a copy of my GM WorkBench, on which was written my Order No. I was told by said dealer that I could track my order at GM web-site.

I checked on my order's status @ faq.chevrolet.com every 2 weeks. First 2 replies from Chevrolet stated that my order was awaiting a TPW.

7 weeks, post-order/deposit, and, after seeing several member's posts on this forum, who had placed their orders at or after my order, and either had already received their cars, or, where expecting their cars to be delivered soon, I E-Mailed Chevrolet to inquire as to what was happening with my order.

Chevrolet was quick to reply that my order was at Order status 1100, and, that until my dealer received an "allocation" for my order, that's where my order would remain.

Rick Conti had a pending order, Order status code 3000, for the very same vehicle & options, I had placed with my Bay Area Chevrolet dealer.
Several E-Mails & several extremely pleasant & professional phone calls later, and, the car I ordered/wanted was a done deal.

Moral to this story: If you want quick, no-nonsense service, and, professional treatment, DON'T hesitate to go "outside" your local dealers to place your 2014 Corvette order. Even if I have to pay to have my car shipped from Ohio to California, for me, knowing, up front, where you stand in this confusing allocation/order process, is well worth the price of admission. I now know, for a fact, that the car I wanted, is now "in the pipeline", and, will soon be sitting in my garage. That, in and of itself, is worth 5 times the cost to have my car shipped from Ohio to California.

So, bottom line...THANK YOU RICK CONTI!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:34 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Thank-you John....very kind of you...in all my craziness I have not been able to reach everyone as I wish, but glad we were able to hook up and do business!

I'll keep you updated as we have more....
Old 11-01-2013, 09:52 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

My hometown dealer when I went to get my deposit back told me they won't have allocation until January. Fortunately Rick came through for me--NCM delivery Oct 11.

You will love this car!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Mike: I already know that. Seeing the real deal, in person, at a dealer's unveiling, was all it took. So many members of this forum have posted wonderful photos of their new C7's, BUT, as those happy members already know, photos just don't do this Corvette justice.

Get notified of new replies

To Thank You Rick Conti!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thank You Rick Conti!