C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Will there be a vender to change out the windows on my hardtop at Daytona turkerod ru

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 10:52 PM
vettedad61
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will there be a vender to change out the windows on my hardtop at Daytona turkerod ru

I'm heading to the turkey rod run in daytona fl and wanted to have the windows changed out of the hardtop on my 61. I already have the rear and side windows but will need the gasket seal, rivets etc.

Anyone know if a qualified vender will be set up there to do the job right?
Thanks
Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I don't know if GlassWorks will be there or not; they are always at Kissimmee NCRS meet in January. I don't believe they do a lot of work on site at that time but check with them. When I inquired about replacing a rear window on a friend's C1 hardtop they said its a big job and needed to be done in their shop - can't say on side windows...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM
vettedad61
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Frankie I'm either taking my 61 or my 1957 356 replica to try and sell it.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

If you are talking about Kissimmee and price things right they'll sell. Some big money walking around there incognito including many well-heeled foreigners. Folks bounce between the NCRS show and Mecum that week and may buy at Kissimmee often times to avoid the auction fees. A year or two back a C1 hulk (very ratty) sold for $25K before the seller could get it off the trailer...
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by vettedad61
I'm heading to the turkey rod run in daytona fl and wanted to have the windows changed out of the hardtop on my 61. I already have the rear and side windows but will need the gasket seal, rivets etc.

Anyone know if a qualified vender will be set up there to do the job right?
Thanks
The Turkey Rod Run is huge. I've never seen any of the hardtop restorers there.

That being said, even if one was there, it would be a logistical nightmare to try to get a hardtop into the show/swap area.

The track is a 2.5 mile long oval, and the entire area within the track is filled with the car show, car corral, and swap meet. (excluding the lake)

Someone good with math can probably figure out the surface area covered within the track.

You could be carrying that hardop for miles... literally.

If you don't get there early, you could park one or more miles away from the entry gate. Don't ask how I know this.

Better shot, as others have suggested, is Kissimmee at the NCRS Regional in January. I know that the hardtop guys are there.

Chuck
Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

if memory serves me right, there are usually 2 major hardtop vendors at Kissimmee, and i have never seen them doing any repairs; i suggest you contact them before planning anything.
Bill
Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 PM
gr8corvette
Gr8Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forget; when are the turkey's coming to Daytona?

Who all is going?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8corvette
I forget; when are the turkey's coming to Daytona?

Who all is going?
Thursday, Nov. 28 (Thanksgiving Day) through Sunday, Dec. 1.

http://www.turkeyrodrun.com/Turkey_Run_Home.html

I'll be there, probably both Friday and Saturday. I'm looking for a car to buy.

Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To Will there be a vender to change out the windows on my hardtop at Daytona turkerod ru

Quick Reply: Will there be a vender to change out the windows on my hardtop at Daytona turkerod ru