C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery drain in 77

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Nomad09
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery drain in 77

Wondering if anyone out there has done any work on the fuse block. My windows stopped working and found a connector had come apart. I put he pink wire back together and ever since my battery drains overnight. It seems like a strange setup as it looks kind of like a jumper, trying to look for a wiring diagram, but so far nothing helpful. Any ideas?
Old 10-13-2013, 05:47 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Your power windows ( if connected correctly) should not drain your battery. The reason being is that circuit is DEAD when the key is out of the ignition.

The only way your battery gets a drain is by a component that is still drawing current when the key is off....which means that usually the circuits causing this are those circuits that stay POWERED UP ...even with the key out of the ignition. SO, interior lights and timer controller, alarm system components, I have encountered a bad alternator once...but this is rare, rear compartment light is still on...due to being a part of the interior light circuit.

They sell a tool that you can connect to your negative battery cable and read the amount of drain in amps. You wan to shoot for no more than 200 milliamps...if possible.

DUB
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM
gjohnson
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 248 Posts

Until you get it figured out install a battery disconnect at the battery.Mine had a drain and I finally traced it to the factory alarm.Got rid of that POS!

Get notified of new replies

To Battery drain in 77

Quick Reply: Battery drain in 77