Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

was wondering how long until gms/ discount or even invoice?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 AM
misteroman
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default was wondering how long until gms/ discount or even invoice?

When the c6 came out i believe it was 8 mos or so til my guy would do/ was allowed to do GMS. I waited a few more months and got an 06. Any idea on a timeframe or is it to early to tell?
Thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 PM
misteroman
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

nobody?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM
vetteride4u
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called several dealers last week all wanted MSRP but most had 1/3 of there allocation sold! Think there will be some deals come spring. Can't drive it in the Ohio winter anyway.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I was also asking at a dealer about this recently, and they really did not want to pin down a date or time, to me it seemed that they had enough business at MSRP to not care about the "few" GMS sales they could make. While the final decision is up to GM, I'm told, it will stop me from buying until it becomes available. When I approached the same question at Carlisle this past August all the GM people had the same "boxed" answer and the dealers having displays set up.....for lack of a better description.....just blew me off with the question. As a matter of fact after spending about 1/2hr talking and waiting for a reply from a New England dealer, they said "they would call me back with info".....it's October and I'm still waiting.....good follow up don't you think
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 AM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm going to wait until the pricing becomes more reasonable, might be a while since so many are willing to step up at MSRP!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,186 Likes on 13,910 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Will probably be late in the model year if I had to make a guess. They seem to be selling just fine at MSRP or above so no real incentive to lower the price right now.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
They seem to be selling just fine at MSRP or above so no real incentive to lower the price right now.
However, can you imagine how many they could sell if there was a discount and the allocation system was done away with. At a time when companies are looking for people to buy product from them wouldn't it make sense to just sell what the demand is??
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Red98C5
However, can you imagine how many they could sell if there was a discount and the allocation system was done away with. At a time when companies are looking for people to buy product from them wouldn't it make sense to just sell what the demand is??

^ ummmm . . . that's exactly what they are doing - if you need to discount your newest offering right out of the gate, you're not going to be in business for very long.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:19 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Eventually all the people willing to pay MSRP will dwindle down, then GM will be left with a masive number of potential buyers that simply will NOT buy at or even close to MSRP. So, demand will drop, and they will need to start selling them at a good discount under MSRP to move cars.

Unfortunately for GM and fortunately for buyers, in the long run it won't be supply (or lack there of) that will dictate price. It will be demand for what is basically still a mass produced commodity.

What we don't know is WHEN this dip in demand will occur. It can't last too long, as there is a set limited to the number of people that will pay MSRP.

Some people that purchased at MSRP will tell you that the cars will still be selling at MSRP 2 years from now, but that is just what they HOPE happens, as it helps justify their purchase decision.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 10-09-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:26 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 387 Likes on 242 Posts

Maybe they'll drop the price when the demand is satuated. Maybe not...
Old 10-10-2013, 12:49 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC6AZ
Eventually all the people willing to pay MSRP will dwindle down, then GM will be left with a masive number of potential buyers that simply will NOT buy at or even close to MSRP. So, demand will drop, and they will need to start selling them at a good discount under MSRP to move cars.

Unfortunately for GM and fortunately for buyers, in the long run it won't be supply (or lack there of) that will dictate price. It will be demand for what is basically still a mass produced commodity.

What we don't know is WHEN this dip in demand will occur. It can't last too long, as there is a set limited to the number of people that will pay MSRP.

Some people that purchased at MSRP will tell you that the cars will still be selling at MSRP 2 years from now, but that is just what they HOPE happens, as it helps justify their purchase decision.
I predict that there will be a couple of thousand unsold C7's in the dealer's showrooms by the first of the year. They will be dealing. By April/May, when the dealers will start taking orders for the 2015's going into production in June, the dealers will really be dealing on the 2014's. Lots of people waiting for the hi-po version and others waiting for the 2015 to get past the "beta testing" phase. That will mean dealers will be heavily discounting the 2014's to clear their lots.

IMHO
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^ ummmm . . . that's exactly what they are doing - if you need to discount your newest offering right out of the gate, you're not going to be in business for very long.

Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield, MO was discounting their C7's from day one. They will be in business for a long time, as they also have some other 34-35 stores, including Mercedes, Infinity, Toyota, Lexus, BMW, Subaru, Mazda, Hyundai, and a huge RV store.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY
Maybe they'll drop the price when the demand is satuated. Maybe not...
If they don't start discounting when the demand drops, then it would defy ecomomic "law".
Old 10-11-2013, 08:04 PM
HLH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's more complicated than that. The relationship between the dealers and GM is a little tricky right now. GM is trying to control the market by refusing to meet some customer orders with what they ordered since EVERYONE wants the Z51 package and that's NOT what GM planned to build in their initial schedule. So they are "constraining" or delaying orders of Z51s and carbon fiber tops, and sending some cars already built without these features to the ordering dealer hoping that the buyer who placed the order and used the dealers' allocation will accept this car rather than say no. Some buyers are NOT happy! The constraints will go away, and built schedules for cars ordered now seem to be OK in November, but they are trying to sell what they've built since they estimated the initial market a little wrong. It will be interesting to see how it all sorts out.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

If it were my dealership, I would want to sell the cars ASAP and definitely not mark them up to sell. Consumers have a long memory and I think that a Chevy dealerships bread and butter are cars and trucks, not Corvettes. If I went to a dealership that wanted a marked up Corvette, not only would I not buy that Corvette, I would never shop at that dealer again and would be sure to tell everyone.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:03 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I predict that there will be a couple of thousand unsold C7's in the dealer's showrooms by the first of the year. They will be dealing. By April/May, when the dealers will start taking orders for the 2015's going into production in June, the dealers will really be dealing on the 2014's. Lots of people waiting for the hi-po version and others waiting for the 2015 to get past the "beta testing" phase. That will mean dealers will be heavily discounting the 2014's to clear their lots.

IMHO
I would add that there probably won't be body modifications in 2015 except if there is a hi-po version too. But one or two new colors may be in order with changes in interior colors such as two tone seats. New style wheels too. Late year 2014 discounts will be there after details of the 2015 C7 are announced at the BG Bash.

Apposing forces seem to be already starting where BG needs to keep pumping out C7s but has constrained the Z51 because of ? while their demand is very high. Dealers need to commit to filling their allocations but can currently order only Non-Z51. Therefore dealers use it or loose it and the consequence for calculating future earned allocations. Dealer lots will fill up with stock base C7, highly optioned I'd expect. And then there is the convertible C7 to be added to this mix along with winter about to set in.

This will all be interesting to watch develope over the next 2-3 months.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:09 PM
VegasAlleycat
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I think after the initial rush for the 2014 Stingray slows down a bit we could start to see discounts. However, I also wonder if GM will bump up the price of the base 2015 and/or the Z51 option so that even with a discount we will still be paying close to the current prices we are now?

Get notified of new replies

To was wondering how long until gms/ discount or even invoice?

Old 10-12-2013, 11:30 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My guess, based on past releases and talking to a couple dealers who are straight shooters is GM will release the C7 to GMS (supplier and employee) pricing come the first of the year. I expect to be able to order a C7 using GMS pricing in January and take delivery in March or find my color / option in stock somewhere and buy it at GMS pricing in January.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:03 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC6AZ

non z51 are under msrp now if you look!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:56 AM
zapman12
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my C6 in april 06 at gms pricing. I would expect the same or sooner
for the C7. The hype at time of C6 debut was higher than that of current C7
The C6 was a more radical departure from C5. C7 still looks similiar to C6

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: was wondering how long until gms/ discount or even invoice?