C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Brake light coming on during WOT

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 02:57 AM
1sickz51vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E-Brake light coming on during WOT

Hey guys I noticed the other day that when I got on my car a bit to redline the E brake light comes on every time now! I just replaced my old optima red top which was beyond shot, and I don't recall it doing it before so I'm not sure if it is related. The same day i replaced the battery for some odd reason the radio stations wouldn't come in, and had a high pitch wining noise that increased with engine rpms. It hasn't done that since though.... I've had the service tcs/abs problem for awhile now since i replaced the front right hub bearing and sensor shortly after, hoped it was just the bad battery but that was confirmed to not be the source of problem. Anyways here's a quick video of me punching it and the light popping on, I've never heard of this issue before! Sorry for lack of traction and a little limiter.

Last edited by 1sickz51vette; 10-09-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Wasn't able to watch vid. Is your brake fluid low?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
916Z06
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

that is what I was thinking, low brake fluid. Also wasnt able to see video...
Old 10-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

The switch for the light is under the boot and is a simple piece of brass that hits ground when the handle is lifted. It sounds like the switch is loose or adjusted too close to the handle. If my memory is right, if you lift the boot you should see the switch.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Brake light coming on during WOT

Quick Reply: E-Brake light coming on during WOT