C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 01:35 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Last Monday, after a long weekend of waiting, and watching other cars being delivered, many of us we hoping to see movements in the "in-transit to delivery direction". Instead, we were disappointed with the lack of hoped/anticipated movement. As a result, several of us flooded the threads with complaints about what's going on, resulting in some over the top unnecessary comments.

Being one of those Nashville victims myself, I am frustrated with the wait and I do feel the need to vent at times. Even my wife, who is just as anxious as I am to get the car, has grown sick and tired of my bi*chin and complaints to her.

So, in order to free up other threads to more useful issues, please, I suggest we use this thread and only this thread to vent our frustrations with each other. We alone can relate to one another. Hopefully this venue can help some of us vent and calm down, as it's only a matter of time before our babies get released.

If you like to participate, state your VIN # and date of arrival at Nashville.

If your car was in Nashville and has been released, please share your story as well.

***** Please keep it civil, clean, and fun. Humor is encouraged.

Last edited by zhopper05; 09-29-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 369 Posts

Vin 448 sent to prison on 9/26. Sat in BG for 21 days.

Last edited by Pisswilly; 09-29-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually legally own my car that is currently in Trashville... While I'm sure GM is taking care of our cars I also believe they couldn't give a crap fixing it quickly... They are damaged goods to them
Old 09-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Anyone thinking of canceling and re-ordering at later date?
Old 09-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Venting only tends to fuel the fire and keep you on edge, why put yourself through that??
I'm just gonna be patient and live vicariously through the posts of others that have their cars....really enjoying the excitement and impressions they have!
Good luck to those that choose to use this thread for it's intended use, I hope the frustration you put yourselves through is worth it.

(edit) By the way I'm vin 151 and have been in "the Ville" for a couple weeks now.

Last edited by Bill B 1; 09-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:54 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zhopper05
Last Monday, after a long weekend of waiting, and watching other cars being delivered, many of us we hoping to see movements in the "in-transit to delivery direction". Instead, we were disappointed with the lack of hoped/anticipated movement. As a result, several of us flooded the threads with complaints about what's going on, resulting in some over the top unnecessary comments.

Being one of those Nashville victims myself, I am frustrated with the wait and I do feel the need to vent at times. Even my wife, who is just as anxious as I am to get the car, has grown sick and tired of my bi*chin and complaints to her.

So, in order to free up other threads to more useful issues, please, I suggest we use this thread and only this thread to vent our frustrations with each other. We alone can relate to one another. Hopefully this venue can help some of us vent and calm down, as it's only a matter of time before our babies get released.

If you like to participate, state your VIN # and date of arrival at Nashville.

If your car was in Nashville and has been released, please share your story as well.

***** Please keep it civil, clean, and fun. Humor is encouraged.
She's just another one of the thousands...
Old 09-29-2013, 01:58 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Bill B 1
Venting only tends to fuel the fire and keep you on edge, why put yourself through that??
I'm just gonna be patient and live vicariously through the posts of others that have their cars....really enjoying the excitement and impressions they have!
Good luck to those that choose to use this thread for it's intended use, I hope the frustration you put yourselves through is worth it.
Did you order through Ken ? If so may be you could get Dennis to grill a big 'ol steak dinner w/ all the trimmings ............ Kind of like a watching party ..........
Old 09-29-2013, 01:59 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Bill - I am being patient. But last Monday, things really got heated up and all over and in many different threads. My thoughts are to let people come here and vent in this single thread and we can try calming them down. They'll be more willing to listen to us than someone else who doesn't understand what they're going through.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Bill - I am being patient. But last Monday, things really got heated up and all over and in many different threads. My thoughts are to let people come here and vent in this single thread and we can try calming them down. They'll be more willing to listen to us than someone else who doesn't understand what they're going through.
Point taken ....Might be a really good idea. I've been trying to give my "be patient" advise along these lines when I see the rant posts so maybe your on to something here!
Old 09-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Did you order through Ken ? If so may be you could get Dennis to grill a big 'ol steak dinner w/ all the trimmings ............ Kind of like a watching party ..........
No I ordered through Menholt in Billings.....this is my first Corvette and I frankly never realized Ken was the "go to guy" in this area till after the fact. But if he insists on the steak dinner.....
You live near here? (edit) I just looked at your info and see you are in Texas....
Old 09-29-2013, 02:14 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

No I ordered through Menholt in Billings.....this is my first Corvette and I frankly never realized Ken was the "go to guy" in this area till after the fact. But if he insists on the steak dinner.....
You live near here? (edit) I just looked at your info and see you are in Texas....
No, I'm way down in TX. I do make a point of stopping by his place at least once a year during the summer when I'm on vacation. I like to do both Bear Tooth and Glacier. Either in the Vette or on my Harley.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:16 PM
WELEPRO
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm very patient. And rarely complain about anything business related, I get to deal with that on a daily basis at work. I'm in the auto industry, and people occasionally lose there minds when dealing with cars.

That said, I want my flippin car!

#985, built 2 weeks ago, transferred to Nashville on Wednesday 9/25.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
No, I'm way down in TX. I do make a point of stopping by his place at least once a year during the summer when I'm on vacation. I like to do both Bear Tooth and Glacier. Either in the Vette or on my Harley.
Cool! Living here I kinda take those things for granted, we ride our bikes over the pass many times per year and am looking forward to driving the Vette over as well.....wont be this year though, snow has been falling in the high country for the last week or so.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:21 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Mine is VIN 106, built 8/28, sent to Nashville 9/17.

BTW, after seeing it in person for the first time few days ago - gotta tell ya'll, this baby is worth the wait - really.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Mine is VIN 106, built 8/28, sent to Nashville 9/17.

BTW, after seeing it in person for the first time few days ago - gotta tell ya'll, this baby is worth the wait - really.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:31 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

VIN 00022 chiming in. I went to 3800 on 8/23, I think the first to post so. Since then I've gone to 4300-4D00-4B00-4D00 and finally yesterday to 4B00. Been in Nashville for 2 weeks. My dealer has had my invoice for a week.

I'm a very impatient A type personality. However, what can I or for that matter, any of us do but wait.

GM'er has given us a look into the inner workings of auto productions. If he hadn't none of us would be carping or bitching, just waiting patiently for the call from our dealers.

So, sit back and relax and wait for the call.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

I'm thinking the repairs on these cars take so long because GM waits till they have spare parts that won't upset production at BG. Then they ship them to Nashville to do repairs.

Get notified of new replies

To Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Old 09-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Frankiedabrush
Cruising

Why are the cars in nashville? At first I thought it was QC. Is it ,they found something wrong and shipped them to Nashville to repair. I don't know where my car is!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:41 PM
Jeffer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Default serial number of your car

Originally Posted by schilitj
VIN 00022 chiming in. I went to 3800 on 8/23, I think the first to post so. Since then I've gone to 4300-4D00-4B00-4D00 and finally yesterday to 4B00. Been in Nashville for 2 weeks. My dealer has had my invoice for a week.

I'm a very impatient A type personality. However, what can I or for that matter, any of us do but wait.

GM'er has given us a look into the inner workings of auto productions. If he hadn't none of us would be carping or bitching, just waiting patiently for the call from our dealers.

So, sit back and relax and wait for the call.
what colour is your car, that serial number has significance to me and maybe I need to buy it when you are done Jeffer
Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

We understand QC I'm just upset because my car does have a problem and I want to know what it is

Quick Reply: Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!