Sponsored by:

Saw the C7 at Barrett Jackson in Vegas

Old 09-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Saw the C7 at Barrett Jackson in Vegas

We'll I finally got a chance to see one (actually 2). Both Z51. One red one blue.

Initial impression: very nice looking cars. Both colors work well. The blue had 3LT kalahari. The red looked like 2LT in black.

I think the lines of the car are terrific. The hood sculpting is excellent. To me the Vette badges are too big but that's pretty picky.

The coke bottle effect below the door to the ground is stupendous. I have never seen this done better on a car. Very bold!

The interiors look excellent. I could not get in them but peaking in the window gave me a good idea. The 3LT leather looked very upscale. Also I love the size of the steering wheel.

There is one thing I didn't like: it's the carbon flash paint. It doesn't do it for me. I think I'll have to repaint the trim. I'm not a fan of the shiney metal flake. .

I was lucky that someone started the car while I was there. Wow to I love the noise. It has a bit of an Italian flair to it. I swear you can here the valve train ticking away at idle. Loved it.

One thing I noticed. The Z51 spoiler is not attached to the rear hatch. They opened the hatch and you really have to lift up whatever you want to put back there very high. It looks uncomfortable and I'm guessing a lot of spoilers will have scratch marks from lifting luggage or whatever back there.

All in all, I'm very pleased I chose a convertible. I think it will look a little simpler and even more dynamic.

Really great job Team Corvette! Can't wait for my car to show up. I'm sold.

Last edited by Sin City; 09-29-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:01 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
We'll I finally got a chance to see one (actually 2). Both Z51. One red one blue.

Initial impression: very nice looking cars. Both colors work well. The blue had 3LT kalahari. The red looked like 2LT in black.

I think the lines of the car are terrific. The hood sculpting is excellent. To me the Vette badges are too big but that's pretty picky.

The coke bottle effect below the door to the ground is stupendous. I have never seen this done better on a car. Very bold!

The interiors look excellent. I could not get in them but peaking in the window gave me a good idea. The 3LT leather looked very upscale. Also I love the size of the steering wheel.

There is one thing I didn't like: it's the carbon flash paint. It doesn't do it for me. I think I'll have to repaint the trim. I'm not a fan of the shiney metal flake. .

I was lucky that someone started the car while I was there. Wow to I love the noise. It has a bit of an Italian flair to it. I swear you can here the valve train ticking away at idle. Loved it.

One thing I noticed. The Z51 spoiler is not attracted to the rear hatch. They opened the hatch and you really have to lift up whatever you want to put back there very high. It looks uncomfortable and I'm guessing a lot of spoilers will have scratch marks from lifting luggage or whatever back there.

All in all, I'm very pleased I chose a convertible. I think it will look a little simpler and even more dynamic.

Really great job Team Corvette! Can't wait for my car to show up. I'm sold.
Quite some time ago someone said the primary reason for covers over the fuel rails/coil packs/valve covers was valve train noise suppression in the LS series of engines. Probably same with LT1 (if true in the first place.) Also, the high pressure DI system was said to possibly cause "ticking" noise. Maybe one or both of those things is what you heard. Finally, I am always fond of telling people who compliment the good looks of my C6 that it runs as good as it looks. It is crystal clear that same will be more than true of the C7.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:53 AM
VegasAlleycat
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I was there today as well and was lucky enough to go inside the main arena and see even more C7s. They really are stunning! They had a velocity yellow and a laguna blue that you could sit in, check out, and play with all the switches. The Kalahari interior looked very nice with the Laguna Blue which is what my current C7 order has (unless I change my mind again!) . I wish there was a C7 with Brownstone interior to check out, but no such luck.

As for the spoiler not being attached to the hatch, I plan on ordering the rear fascia protector accessory to prevent any damage when loading/unloading the cargo area.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:03 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

I agree, the Carbon Flash parts should be either black, semi gloss black, or body colored. Black or Body colored is pretty much industry standard for a reason.

The Carbon Flash metallic paint as an accent is just odd and it clashes with certain colors. Audi does it also with silver painted lower body accents that sorta works depending on color. But with GM I think they just had a surplus of the paint as the Centennial Editions did not get enough sales.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:01 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
I agree, the Carbon Flash parts should be either black, semi gloss black, or body colored. Black or Body colored is pretty much industry standard for a reason.

The Carbon Flash metallic paint as an accent is just odd and it clashes with certain colors. Audi does it also with silver painted lower body accents that sorta works depending on color. But with GM I think they just had a surplus of the paint as the Centennial Editions did not get enough sales.
How about carbon fiber, especially to match those with exposed cf roof panels. When I switched out the ones on my C6Z it was pretty subtle as the vents are a lot smaller but several people commented on it. Add a carbon front lip to blend in the fangs and voila.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DanTheFireman
How about carbon fiber, especially to match those with exposed cf roof panels. When I switched out the ones on my C6Z it was pretty subtle as the vents are a lot smaller but several people commented on it. Add a carbon front lip to blend in the fangs and voila.
For me Carbon Fiber trumps all but is cost prohibitive. I think that would look best. But If they are going to paint it should be black or body colored.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

If I were to guide the aftermarket, I would tell them to make a CF front hood grill, the CF rear trans cooler grills, and a CF Steering wheel that matches the interior dash, along with a CF center console.

I think the rear bumper would be too expensive and impractical. Best to paint it either body color or semi-flat black.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Sin City
If I were to guide the aftermarket, I would tell them to make a CF front hood grill, the CF rear trans cooler grills, and a CF Steering wheel that matches the interior dash, along with a CF center console.

I think the rear bumper would be too expensive and impractical. Best to paint it either body color or semi-flat black.

The nice thing is the aftermarket will probably come up with a Nice semi affordable CF piece for the rear bumper.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw the C7 at Barrett Jackson in Vegas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw the C7 at Barrett Jackson in Vegas