Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Fender Adjustment

Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 PM
TheDingo
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fender Adjustment

I recently noticed that my driver's side front fender has a smaller gap to the door than my passenger's side. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the door is ever-so-slightly rubbing the fender when opening/closing the door. Is there a way to adjust the fender forward a bit? If so, how and where are the bolts?

The gap is normal near the window but gets smaller as you go toward the bottom of the door. That's where they are rubbing. Any help would be great.

Thank you!!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM
TheDingo
Melting Slicks

As an addendum to this, is this a known problem? Is the discrepancy in the gap something that I should be concerned about?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:31 PM
TheDingo
Melting Slicks

I fixed the issue today. The fender was closer to the door because the person that installed my ZR1 side skirts drilled the front most bolt hole slightly too far forward and it was pulling the fender back as the bolt was tightened. So I had to drill another hole and correct this error. Can't even tell I had to "modify" the original install and it matches the passenger side now! Excellent!

ANYWAY... so, for people who find this thread later.. I jacked the car up and there are 3 7mm bolts that need to be loosened. There are also 2 10mm bolts that I loosened as well that hold a plastic cover that goes from the fender to under the body. With these loose I was able to move the fender in to the correct position and tighten it all back down.
The following users liked this post:
bfiore5000 (07-22-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Fender Adjustment

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Fender Adjustment