Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Height adjustement with or without driver ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 01:38 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Height adjustement with or without driver ???

Im looking to adjust my car height and i was wondering if i should do it with a driver in the car or without it ???

The car normally drop about 1/8 inch on the driver side when i get in.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:52 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

either way should have the same end result. the drivers side would be set 1/16th to 1/8th higher than the passenger side.

use two points of reference. the fenders, while not the most ideal place are easy to measure and actually work pretty well provided the car is level and set right to start with. i normally measure any car at a minimum of 4 frame points and the fenders. the numbers should all jive if you get ride height correct.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

The easiest and best way to do it (provided you don't have scales to corner weight it) is to turn the screws on each axle the same amount of turns. That is the LR and RR screws should be each turned the same number of turns.

That way you keep the original corner height relationship and weights (which are not that bad from the factory).

This way you don't have to worry about driver or no driver.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:37 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
either way should have the same end result. the drivers side would be set 1/16th to 1/8th higher than the passenger side.

use two points of reference. the fenders, while not the most ideal place are easy to measure and actually work pretty well provided the car is level and set right to start with. i normally measure any car at a minimum of 4 frame points and the fenders. the numbers should all jive if you get ride height correct.
Exaclty, i dont use the fender but the J and K point on the frame to have it correclty done.

Originally Posted by Solofast
The easiest and best way to do it (provided you don't have scales to corner weight it) is to turn the screws on each axle the same amount of turns. That is the LR and RR screws should be each turned the same number of turns.

That way you keep the original corner height relationship and weights (which are not that bad from the factory).

This way you don't have to worry about driver or no driver.
So fopr example if im dropping the Right Rear 2 turn, i should have the Left Rear drop by 2 turn and if im droppiong the Front Right by 3 turn i should have the Left Front by 3 turn also ???
Old 09-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by always faster
So fopr example if im dropping the Right Rear 2 turn, i should have the Left Rear drop by 2 turn and if im droppiong the Front Right by 3 turn i should have the Left Front by 3 turn also ???
Yup

Get notified of new replies

To Height adjustement with or without driver ???

Quick Reply: [Z06] Height adjustement with or without driver ???