C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequel to "My Dissatisfaction with my 2013 Corvette"

Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 PM
RHMinetti
Disabled by request 24 August 2015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sequel to "My Dissatisfaction with my 2013 Corvette"

To those of you that have responded positively to my original post I sincerely thank you for your input. It is indeed appreciated.

To those of you that have responded negatively, including those of you that have used less than desirable language, please consider not responding at all in the future, certainly not if the response is going to be less than positive; it really serves no useful purpose.

There are, and always will be, those that are satisfied with the "status quo" and those of us that continue to push for positive change. Hopefully the positive change crowd will win out and make things better for everyone, not only where Corvettes are concerned.

Even one of your board members responded quite negatively to the original post and is apparently not in tune with any positive change nor, in my mind, is a progressive asset to your board in general.

I did not post the original post so I could be ridiculed but so that I could help bring about some positive change. I can see that most of the Corvette owners that responded are not of a "positive change" mindset.

Be that as it may, buying the Corvette may have been a mistake where my wife's capabilities are concerned, and some of my desires, but joining this "Forum" may have indeed been my biggest mistake.

Again, thank you to those that have responded positively, you are a credit to this Forum. Stay in there and continue to provide valuable input, in spite of the "naysayers".

Sincerely,

Richard H Minetti
Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

This is a forum and members are allowed to post their comments on anything that's posted. If any posts contain personal attacks or hostility or inappropriate language, report them using the red triangle icon under their username.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 08-19-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:58 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Old 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Scott2.0
Instructor

You didn't really think that your letter was capable of changing the current model Corvette, did you? You must be aware that the C7 is right around the corner and that it includes some of the niceties which you didn't realize were not a part of your C6 until after you signed on the dotted line, right?

Your original post was nothing more than you trying to get justification for a making a completely uninformed purchasing decision. It backfired in that everyone told you the truth; your purchase lacked any research whatsoever. The letter you wrote was completely absurd and was worthy of tough criticism. People showed far more decorum than you deserved and you got off easy IMO.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Be kind to yourself and 'lighten up Francis' - this is an internet chat car forum, nothing worth raising your blood pressure over . . . .

Last edited by michaelinmech; 08-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Revette
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott2.0
You didn't really think that your letter was capable of changing the current model Corvette, did you? You must be aware that the C7 is right around the corner and that it includes some of the niceties which you didn't realize were not a part of your C6 until after you signed on the dotted line, right?

Your original post was nothing more than you trying to get justification for a making a completely uninformed purchasing decision. It backfired in that everyone told you the truth; your purchase lacked any research whatsoever. The letter you wrote was completely absurd and was worthy of tough criticism. People showed far more decorum than you deserved and you got off easy IMO.
Scott2.0, I have to agree with your analysis of Mr. Minetti's complaints about the C6 Corvette. In reading his letter to GM, every point that is brought up as a negative is information that has been discussed for many years on this forum (and others dealing with Corvettes) and comes as no great surprise to any of us who own the current Corvette.

I think I would consider Mr. Minetti a troll from another car forum (maybe the Prius forum) as someone with the work background he has indicated in his profile would be much more astute when spending hard earned dollars for an automobile and would know the shortcomings of the candidate before purchasing..
Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Positive change... lets see, oh yes, the C6 production has ended

After reading the post about 'positive change' it reminds me of someone's else's 'Positive Change' ....
Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I read all the replies to the original thread and quite frankly I think he got off easy. I still somehow think it's a joke in as much it is that absurd.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 132 Likes on 75 Posts

Then Go buy a foreign car & leave us alone....
Old 08-19-2013, 08:30 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

A rant about the car then a rant about the forum members themselves? You must have lived a sheltered life filled with rainbows and unicorns where everything is perfect and no one disagrees with your opinion. Back here in the real world, it's part of being an adult.

By proxy, simply posting on a free, public forum you're inviting any and all comments, positive or contrary. It's understood.

Last edited by ProfessorDeath; 08-19-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 PM
gar4403
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Totally ludicrous aside from the paint issue.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 PM
m kraz
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

go away
Old 08-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Scott2.0
Instructor

I say stick around. This is entertaining as hell!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 PM
noz34me
Pro

I am always amused by people that post something obviously controversial, then whine when everyone doesn't agree with them.

I think there's room in "Pleasantville" for ya!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

This is one of those times where maybe you need to question yourself and your opinions. I have only been on here a few years, but I can tell you the vast majority of these guys are pretty straight forward and really a good group of guys. If they thought your complaints had merit, most would have been there to support you. You have to ask yourself, if a group of your peers (as in Corvette owners) think your being petty, could they be right?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a 2013 C6, I traded my 03 C5 for the C6. My car is an early run 13, the vin ends in 327, so mine was made spring of 2012.

There is a quantum leap of difference between my 03 (which I ordered) and my 13 (which I ordered). There is nothing perfect in the world except the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. Cars are not people they are things. I do not expect my vette to be perfect. It is the best new car I have owned in my 69 years of life. I have had one problem, the alignment was off. The dealer did an alignment and it still pulled to the left, so they put a new tire on it and that cured the problem.

On the other hand my 03 was in the shop to often for my liking. I constantly had the left seal leak on the half shaft. The dealer messed up my differential and they had to put a new one on the car. The reverse lock out did not lock out the shifter going into 5th.

I feel that after 9 model years of making the C6 they have it down to a fine art. My 13 is just about as good as a car can be made. I now have 9873 trouble free miles on the car. I get 18 to 21 mpg in town and 27 to 30 mpg on the highway. I am one happy camper.

Get notified of new replies

To Sequel to "My Dissatisfaction with my 2013 Corvette"

Old 08-19-2013, 08:45 PM
ck9887
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I expected a letter full of complaints about the build quality.... Which I would understand and many might agree if that was the case. But I don't understand how you are that concerned with the lack of features yet you still bought the car.

I'm sure you did your research before spending $60K on a vehicle. Weren't you aware of how the car came equipped and its features.

I understand how you might think a $60K + car should have more standard features but for me personally, I don't want all of the electronic crap. More problems in the long run and added weight which is not needed on a sports car. It seems most of your complaints have probably been addressed with the C7, yet people complain (myself included) about the added weight to the car and will stick to the less technologically advanced C6.

The Corvette is a sports car, not a luxury grand touring car.

Also, the brake dust issue shouldn't be a complaint. Any sports car with a good brake pad is going to have lots of dust. Your Prius doesn't dust as much because it doesn't have a performance pad on it.

Last edited by ck9887; 08-19-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Red12
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I still like my Vette
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 PM
RekaRoyal
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

I won't necessarily be positive, but I will be constructive about your letter and suggested improvements.

An electro-mechanical roof latch, fully power adjusting steering wheel, and rear view camera would add weight and cost to one of the most high-performance and cost effective products in the automobile industry. Simply not a trade off that most of us informed Corvette consumers would consider an improvement.

I personally agree with you on the electric windows going up and down automatically. Cars at a much lower price point offer this feature and it's silly that it was left off later years of the C6. I'm curious if this will be part of the C7 package. I certainly hope so.

I also agree regarding the e-brake lever, but it's a pretty small gripe and my 5'5" wife has no trouble activating the e-brake to its intended purpose.

The brake dust and low front end are a symptom of the intended purpose of the car. Compromising performance for less frequent cleaning or less nose rubbing is a trade off best left to the luxury segment (like most/all of your suggestions). Your car is in the performance segment, and these things go with the territory.

You may not have discovered that the fuel cap door has a hook to suspend the fuel cap away from the car's body. It is well designed and works as intended to prevent scuffing the finish.

My advice is to live with the car for awhile and then evaluate a C7 when they become available. Perhaps time and iterative development will progress the product to meet more of your (and your wife's needs). At the very least, a constructive letter to the designers will have some possibility of impact on a current product, rather than complaining about a product that is obsolete.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Search this Thread